( 𝟎𝟎𝟖 ) the dangerous bullet

'magic bullet'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

DEREK HAD FOUND another lead on the alpha, which is exactly why he and Alyssa were on its trail, chasing it down. They were jumping roof to roof, keeping close behind the alpha, only to be interrupted by Derek pushing Alyssa to the side, causing her to fall off of the roof and onto the floor.
A single shot was heard at the time he did this, causing Derek to fall to the ground with a hard thump, next to her.
He had pushed her out of the way of the gun shot, she wasn't paying enough attention to her surroundings, causing Derek to get shot instead.

"Why would you do that?" She hissed at him as he pulled up his sleeve, revealing a bullet hole, with blue smoke appearing from it.

He rolled his eyes, "So you wouldn't get shot." He told her.

"That's not a regular bullet, is it?" Alyssa panted, seeing the horrid sight of Derek's wound, she bent her arm back into place, after it being broken from the fall, causing her to groan out in pain.

He shook his head, "No."
Great. She thought. They were in trouble now.

∘ ∘ ∘

The next day, Alyssa didn't go to school, she had to stay with Derek in case anything happened to him, or if the hunters attacked and he was too weak to fight back.
Throughout the day, he had gotten paler, and more weak by the hour.
"We're gonna need help finding what kind of bullet it was." Derek told Alyssa, weakly.

Alyssa nodded at his statement, they both had someone in mind. "Scott." She confirmed, earning a weak nod from Derek.

After having to walk to school, as Derek couldn't drive, and he didn't want Alyssa driving his precious car; they had finally made it.
Before they left, they checked Derek's wound, which had black veins forming around it, it didn't look good.
They were walking through the hallway when Alyssa heard Lydia and Allison talking; Derek nodded in their direction so she left him and could could ask the girls where Scott was.

"It's like getting into a hot tub, somebody eventually cops a feel." Alyssa heard Lydia say, as she approached, when Lydia noticed the girl, she looked surprised, "Hey! Where were you today?"

"I had family business." Alyssa told Lydia, smiling.

She nodded, Alyssa was about to ask where Scott was, until Lydia interrupted her, "Allison and Scott are studying later." She told her.

Alyssa raised an eyebrow, and wiggled her eyebrows at Allison, "Ohhh." She said, "Make sure he covers up." She joked.

Allison seemed confused at this statement, whereas Lydia smirked in victory, "See." When she also saw Allison's confused expression, she explained further, "Allison, sweetly, she means a condom."