Chapter One - The Plan

Chapter One – The Plan

 “Dad!” I shout, down the stairs to hear nothing but silence, “Dad!” I shout a little louder as I run down until I’m downstairs. I scan the living room, poking my head through the door. Not there. Starting to panic I race into the kitchen. Not there. I walk over to the table as concern fills my mind, noticing a letter. What’s his excuse this time.

‘Going on holiday with Nikki’

Nikki is his new girlfriend who he’ll ‘fallen madly in love with’ since when Mum passed away five years ago. He’s moved on but yet I wish something would pull him back. Mum was so much nicer than this Nikki bitch. They didn’t even have to date for a month and already she made him go on holiday, it keeps happening. He kept making me go to sixth form pretending everything was okay to the teachers, yet I would have no one at home. Tom’s the only person who knows what Dad’s like. If I’m starving Tom will go out and get chips with me and so on. His parents don’t like me at all. They think I’m trouble. Now we are out of sixth form and Dad’s still doing this. Well, this time when he comes home, I won’t be there.

 Calling Tom he almost answers instantly. We made a promise to each other when we first become close friends that no matter what shit we have to go through we will go through it together. After all we only have each other.

“Hi Delilah!” Tom says happily as I hold back the tears.

“Tom… Come over please, I need to talk to you…” I say before I burst into floods of tears, sobbing down the phone. I’m sick and tired of Dad doing this to me.

“I’m on my way.” He confirms as I disconnect the call and wrap myself into a ball, waiting for Tom to come over.

 After about fifteen minutes wait the doorbell rings. I get up from the position I was on the floor, jumping up and running to the door. Checking through the blurry window I see Tom wave before I open the door and hug him tightly, crying onto his shoulder.

“Delilah let me in first and then you can explain what’s happened…” I let go off him, nodding to what he said as he takes me hand and walks me into the living room. I sit myself on the sofa as he sits beside me.

“Did your Dad go on holiday with that Nikki girl again?” Tom simple says as he puts a protective arm around my shoulder. I helplessly nod as I can’t manage words right now, looking up to see his eyes sparkling back at me, he tightens his grip on my shoulder.

"Are you hungry?" He asks fiddling with my hair, I begin to calm from my breakdown to actually be able to speak now.

"For chips..." I say he laughs gently. We both get up from the sofa and I take a handful of coins that Dad gave me. I can't believe no one has realised what Dad's been doing yet?

Tom opens the door then looks back at me in my PJ's.

"You're going in your PJ's?" I huff before changing my PJ shorts for jeans and then putting on my converse. No one will tell about my top. Eventually we leave and make our way to the chip shop. Tom's the only person who's been there for me recently. Ever since the first day of sixth form he's the only person who really notices me. We get into the chip shop where we ask for a portion of chips each. I smother mine in vinegar and salt meanwhile Tom only puts a little bit on. We sit down at the back and begin to talk, taking our minds off today.

"Eurgh really salty chip!" I shout laughing as I threw half the chip away from me, but it ended up hitting Tom. 

"Have you seen the amount of salt you put on your chips!" He laughs making me giggle. He looks away from me, staring at the wall. Deciding to throw a chip at him I do so as it ends up hitting his cheek. Suddenly he looks back at me confused until he catches on. As I laugh my arse off Tom throws one back. Until eventually we've ran out of the shop throwing chips at each other. The chip lady isn't too please, as I look back to see her face. I turn around to see Tom putting his middle finger up at her. 

"Tom!" I laugh nudging him.

"Run! Run!" He laughs as we both drop the chips and run.

Some how we've made our way back to the feilds as we both lay on the grass, staring up at the sky. It's so peaceful that all I can hear is the birds in the trees and Tom's heavy breathing from running.

“One day, Delilah, we’re going to get a flat together where we don’t have to worry…” he begins.

“With a pet dog…” I add, as he chuckles gently.

“I’ll have a music career…”

“I’ll be an author.”

“Delilah when are we actually going to do this?” Tom suddenly comes out with. We usually spend hours discussing the life we want, especially went either of us is down. Despite this I never really thought about how to do it.

“We could start now…” I stutter as the tears soon disappear.

“Woah, what?” Tom says making me giggle slightly.

“Yeah, Tom! We could start of in a really cheap flat, you could sing in clubs while I could start writing a book to publish!” I explain.

“You don’t mean tod-“

“Yes today Tom! Come on when else are we going to actually do it!”

We both go back to my house to see how much money I have seeing as I’ve been saving up to move into a flat for ages, and I’ve finally decided to get away from Dad. Dad's given me too much shit, and I'm finally old enough to make my own discions. We’re eighteen. We’re old enough to leave. Leaving Tom downstairs I run up to my bedroom to my secret money stash I wasn’t letting my Dad go anywhere near. £801.90. I come down the stairs with the money as Tom’s jaw drops.

 “I’ve only got about £400 at home, where the fuck did you get that from?” He ends up saying.

“Well if you ran out of the money your Dad gave you for food, wouldn’t you think it’s a good idea to get a job.” I say as his eyes fill with sympathy.

“Are you sure you’re willing to use up all 400 quid?” He nods, “Well the cheapest flat that we can afford is 15 quid a week which adds up to 740 a year.”

“Wow, your money along can last a year?” Tom says almost speechless.

“Well yeah so if the 60 quid adds to your 400 we have enough to buy food and we’ll have to get jobs while at evening you do pubs and on weekends I’ll be writing a book to publish." I explain deep in though about this.

 Everything seems so simple?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know whether I like this fanfic or not :S I'll carry it on for now and I'll see (feedback would be a massive help right now)