Ch. 6 Klutziness

I stayed online talking to Xaviar until about midnight. I logged off and got ready for bed when I heard a knock on the door. It was Jake, I wondered what he wanted at this time of night...? He came in my room and sat in my computer chair looking at me.

"What?" I said confused.

"I'm letting you know, this family doesn't need a repeat of Art Camp. Or a show of affection in bathrooms." I blushed, it was him who saw us, and barfed.

"Erm...Well..." I was seriously at a loss of words.

"Yeah, don't let it get too far, Sammie. I don't want you hurt that bad again."

"Okay..." He hugged me and left. I wonder if he had told Dad, Kyle, and Cody yet. If he had, I was dead and wouldn't be allowed to have Xaviar over anymore. I decided to not care yet and go to bed. I was supposed to be awake in six and a half hours. Ugh, how I loathed school.

I woke up to the sun in my eyes and my alarm clock blaring some shitty pop music. The only pop music I like was The Ready Set or Stereo Skyline, otherwise it was all shit. I ran across my room to turn it off, tripping over my shoes and falling, making a loud THUMP! My brothers ran in looking worried and saw I had tripped and were on the ground laughing. I got up, flipped them off and turned off my alarm clock. My brothers had managed to stand so I shoved them out of my room so I could get ready for school.

I put on a yellow ruffled shirt and black skinny jeans. I wore a yellow bow from Claire's and my blue flip-flops. I put little make up on, grabbed my bag and headed down stairs. The stairs leading down stairs had about eight stairs turned at a wall, and had twenty more down to the main level of the house. I ran down the first eight steps, tripping and face-planting into the wall. My brothers saw the whole thing and were laughing at me again. I flipped them off again, and headed down the rest of the stairs at a slower pace.

The doorbell rang and I ignored it, because I was hungry. My only dinner last night was Cheese Puffs. I made a bowl of cereal, kind of mixing everything we had into a popcorn bowl, filled it with milk and grabbed an ice cream scooper for a spoon and dug in. What? Don't judge, I exercise... sort of. Someone opened the door and our guest walked into the kitchen, where I was eating, a lot. It was Xaviar, he looked kind of shocked, and hungry too.

"Hungry much?"

"Hell yes, what about you?" I asked swallowing then answering.

"Kind of, I'm used to eating at school though."

"Don't be ridiculous!" I handed him our other ice cream scooper and went to the table to eat. He took the scooper and ate too. We finished and I headed towards my truck when I felt something we underneath my nose. I touched it and realized my nose was bleeding, it hurt too, like it was broken. Whoops. I touched my nose and sure enough it was broken. I went back inside to a mirror and set it back into place. I heard a loud POP and knew it was fine. It wasn't the first time I had broken it... or set it back into place. Xaviar looked at me in disbelief and I headed towards my truck again, with Xaviar in tow. I would tell Dad about my phone later.

At school, we walked in together and people just looked at us funny. Xaviar seemed to squirm, but I was used to being stared at. Xaviar walked over to his friends and I walked to my locker. Grabbed my stuff for first hour and went to class, which dragged on FOREVER. Same thing went for second hour. Lunch I sat in my corner table again and Xaviar sat by me again, except some of his friends came this time. Xaley, Josie, Mac& Cheese, and Becky came over too. Xaviar's friends were TJ, Floyd, and Carson. They all had cropped hair, dark eyes, and perfectly tanned bodies. I still thought Xaviar was the hottest.

At the end of the day Xaviar didn't ride with me because he had homework, and truthfully I did too. I went home, changed, told Dad where I was going and went to the skate park. Yeah, I know I said I had homework, doesn't mean I'll do it! Brian wasn't at the skate park. It was just I by myself.

I skated until dark, left and went home to eat and do homework (EW). Dinner was Chinese take-out. Yum! I took my food up stairs and did my homework. I also took some ibuprofen, because my head, and nose hurt from this morning and last Friday. I went to the mirror and my nose was purple, should probably have it looked at by, I wont, we don't have the money. I'll put a LIME GREEN Band-Aid on it! I really need a job.

I went down stairs to tell dad about my phone, and nose. I walked into the living room and they all gasped. I just laughed and walked over to Dad.

"Um, Dad, I kinda killed my phone again..."

"How did you do it this time?" he looked at me sternly.

"It was in my school bag and I threw it down and it kinda went POOF! Ya, dead."

"What am I going to do with you and your phone killing habit Sammie?"

"Make her get a job!" Cody exclaimed. I glared at him. Kyle and Jake agreed.

"If anyone needs to get a job its your three lazy asses." Dad said. I stuck my tongue out at them.

"HA!" I pointed and laughed at them.

"You need a job too Sammie, that's what you are to do for the next week. Find a job, and what on EARTH did you do to your nose??"

"Ihititonawallthismorning." I mumbled really fast. This would lead to my head, I just knew it.

"You what??" he said, not understanding what I said.

"I tripped on the stairs this morning and fell into the wall..."

"Any other injuries that I need to know about?"

"Um, on Friday, I was hit in the head with a football, then I hit my head on the lockers and floor... and was sent home early. And that's how I met Xaviar..."

"Why didn't you come home?" he seemed to get kind of angry.

"'Cause you, Cody, Kyle, and Jake would freak if I came home with a guy."

"I'm freaking because you DIDN'T come home and were with a boy! WE DON'T NEED A REPEAT OF ART CAMP SAMMIE JOEY WASHINGTON!!!" he was angry I could tell, he said my full name.

"I wasn't alone with him! I went to the skate park all day! Brian was there too! You know you can trust Brian!" He seemed to calm down.

"Okay. Thanks for telling me. Do we need to have your nose or head checked out?"

"No, I reset my nose this morning and my head is fine, it only hurt today because I fell twice."

"Klutz today much?" he laughed and I walked back up stairs. I just lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Today, was fairly bad, I just wanted to hug Xaviar and be in his warm embrace. I looked at my clock, it was only eight. It felt much later, but it does get dark at six, so, it always feels later than normal. I heard a tapping on window with the big maple tree by it. I went and opened the window to Xaviar at the foot of the tree. Aw! He came when I needed him! I just wish he would ask me out sheesh!

"Psssst! Sammie! Hey!" he whisper/yelled.

"Hey! Come on up! Unless you don't know how to climb a tree..." I whisper/yelled back. He just looked at the ground nervously. "You can't climb a tree can you?"

"No..."

"Fine, I'm coming down." I climbed out the window and down the tree skill-fully. I jumped out of the last branch and landed on the balls of my feet, gracefully. That was the least klutzy I had been all day! I ran to him and hugged him. He hugged me back and we just stood there. I looked up at him and he looked down at me. Then we started leaning in closer to each other...and we kissed. His lips were so soft, warm, and inviting. I pulled back and just looked at him. I told him to follow my moves and climb up the tree after me.