Omake: How Jaune Got The Job

"So what makes you think that you're qualified enough to be my night-shift bartender?" Junior asked the Arc boy. He was surprised that someone wanted to actually take the job, knowing his reputation and all.

"I-I just wanted the L-Lien, s-sir." He stuttered. Junior placed a hand on his chin. Hm. The kid's a nervous wreck, only works for the money, and he can't even hold up a decent conversation.

"Do you have any other experience working?"

"N-No, this is my first time applying to one." Just his luck, a freaking newbie.

"Any skills that could be useful to us?" Like stealing Lien, Dust, breaking legs of other gang members, any of the sort.

"I uh..." The boy hesitated. "I was taught how to make very good drinks for Hunters and civilians!"

Junior took a moment to think. Well, I do need to expand the variety of drinks. "Alright, kid. Make three of your best drinks that you know. Me and two others will judge if the quality is good enough to serve in our club."

A couple of moments later, Junior, and the Malachite Twins, Melanie and Miltia, sat down on a table that those TV people used on Remnant's Got Talent. Jaune presented them three drinks, each one different for the other judges.

Junior received a drink inside a fancy white glass that Jaune called, "The Vacuan Derby Mint Julep! The liquid itself is made with Anima's Reserve bourbon, Menagerie mint, sugar from the South Pacific, and to top it off, ice from the Atlas Circle. Learned this one from my Uncle."

For Melanie, he showed her, "Platinum Passion! Usually this one is served in a bed-themed bar, but I think this one is good enough for other occasions. Inside this drink is a mix of Schneenart Champagne, passion fruit, honey, brown sugar, and L'esprit de Courvoisier. Humilite taught me this one. It's perfect for sleeping beauties such as yourself!"

Last but not least, Jaune gave Miltia, "White Atlesian! This one's made with the coffee-flavor liquor Mistruo, vodka and cream. This drink is sweet, fairly strong and, most importantly, my personal favorite. You look like the type who loves simple sweets."

They noticed how he tried to sugar coat them with high praise, but raised their perspective drinks nonetheless. Slowly, they took one sip.

Junior's mind was instantly filled to the brim with the warm image of Vacuo and its beaches. He was lying down on a beach chair, with the oceans splashing at his face.

Melanie had a similar reaction. She felt herself teleport to the highest and fanciest hotel in Atlas. She saw herself stood by the wide window, the soft bed nearby, and watching the stars of the night sky. The cool air of Atlas embracing her figure.

Miltia's was a bit more giddy than the last two. Her mind was someplace in Mistral, lying down against the pillow of clouds high above. The sun painted the horizon a golden glow, sweetening the flavor that she no doubt savored.

Jaune watched his judges tasting the drinks, worried that they were not the highest quality. He could feel the sweat covering his face. Please be good please be good please be good.

The judges finished their drinks, and Junior turned to the girls. "What do you two say for this one?"

"He's, like, perfect for the spot!"

"Yeah, we should, like, keep him as our personal bar boy!"

"Th-Thank you!" Jaune felt relieved. He won't die of starvation for the next few weeks! Unconsciously, he used the shirt he changed into as a towel to wipe off his sweat, not realizing the free show that he's giving them.

After that, well let's just say the Malachite's aren't the only green eyes that fell in love with muscles.

Miltia took the chance to grab his arm. "So, like, do you have a girlfriend~?"

Melanie latched on to the other. "If not, then, like, do you have a place to stay? We give employee's a bedroom~"

Jaune was so confused and scared with how close they are to him. No other girls made this much contact with him! Besides his sisters."N-No? But I'd l-like to have the bedroom, if you don't m-mind?"

"Don't you gals only share one roo-?"

"NOT NOW, JUNIOR."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Welcome to The Club, Jaune."

--/-/--

(AN- HAPPY SPOOKS! TAKE CANDY, EAT MONEY! AND TO ALL A GOOD FRIGHT!

SILENT-REAPER IS OUTTA HERE!)