Chapter 2 (Edited)

I hailed a taxi home after exiting the alleyway.

   After twenty minutes, I arrive at our small condominium, located just near of the city's center where I, together with my sister, Shine, lives. My father and mother is living seperately with my little brother Sky and I move out from home when I turned eighteen and now I'm twenty four.

  I entered the door of the apartment. Seeing nobody inside I suddenly wonder where my sister is since today her boss told her to have a break from work.

     My sister works as a secretary in a small company who is just starting to make name in the fashion industry while me, I just work at home as an online reseller. I resell clothes and different beauty products of small entrepreneurs with their permission and I just get a fifty percent comission to every items I sold. Actually I am an education graduate and I should be teaching students but I resign from work and decided to do something that doesn't stress me out since I started to feel the effects of stress when I was still teaching and that is,my hair started falling. So I just resigned.

   Walking towards the sofa, I put down my bag and then noticed a note at the table in front of it. I pick it up and I read it.

    Sister, don't wait for me tonight. I am going to wei wei's house for her birthday party and she wanted to enjoy her day together with me for the whole day so I left early. Just eat your food at the right time. Muah!

  I sighed and put the note back at the table. I also put down the book that I got from the antique shop on the table before heading to my room and changing into a comfortable loose pants and white shirt.

  I headed back outside on the sofa. Sitting down, I took my phone from my bag and visit my social media accounts to check if someone ordered something from the products I'm selling. Looking at the inbox, there is no recent messages and since it's still early for cooking, without nothing to do, I pick up the blue book. I lay down on the sofa comfortably and open the book to start reading. As hours passed I find myself hooked with the story's plot and I can't help but feel attached to this story.

   I have found out that the main character in this novel is a general in ancient times called Zhao Jinfeng, a man with a very mysterious background. He is said to be an orphan of a retired general named Zhao Cong and his wife, Ru Fan. The general found him at the Shuî kingdom and Guāng kingdom's border when he was still a baby at a roadside, when the general and his troupes is returning home from the war that they have won. Because of pity, the general took him and raise him to follow the generals footsteps since the general has still no children of his own at that time. 

      The female lead in the story is named Wu Ai Ting, a daughter of an unknown man who's beauty is said to cause downfall of kingdoms and ruin cities.

    Both main characters surprisingly have not known their real parents with Wu Ai Ting.

      Wu Ai ting is a daughter of a maid who had served in the prime minister household.The Prime minister loved her mother but when the prime minister found out that the maid he loves is pregnant with another man's child, he wanted the child to die finding it hard to accept that another man beat him to impregnate such a lovely and innocent maid but seeing the maid's tears that continues to pour in front of him while begging for forgiveness, seeing her fear and sadness, the prime minister's heart suffered seeing the maid like that so he chose to gave her a chance and give her the title of a first rank concubine and allow the child to be raised as his own daughter because he really is in love with the maid.

     Unfortunately the maid had died during childbirth making the prime minister angry at the child. Blaming the child for the death of the woman he loves. He decided to kill the child but doesn't have the heart to do so, that's why he gave Wu Ai Ting to a woman who serves as a maid at the general household and is the sister of the deceased maid  .