Gardening| Faith Seed

Faith x reader

The sun visor hardly covered your eyes and you swore you could feel your skin burning. Despite the Montana heat Faith insisted on starting the garden earlier in the year, you yourself were more of a winter person, and you would prefer to stay indoors during the summer months.
Still Faith begged you to help her with her garden. Her pleading eyes and promises of cuddles was what made you accept her pleads.
Here you were watching Faith hand you packets of seeds and tools that you didn't quiet understand. Faith was a more summer loving woman while you would prefer to have it cold. Faith's smile could be seen over the pile of stuff in your hands as she skipped to the plot you had helped her prepare. She was so precious when it came to this kind of thing. She could see the beauty in everything, even the ugliest things.
She loved the gnarled oak on trees and the weeds that grew freely, she didn't care. She just loved everything.
Faith's humming snapped you out of your thoughts as she started taking the tools from you and setting them down. You joined her and watched as she started to plant the various seeds, she had given you the hand shovel to start putting seeds in the ground with, her free hand kept her from falling over, and she still had a smile painted on her face. You knew by the time this was over you would both be filthy, even if you were careful. Faith's dress was already starting to gather grime on it, but still, she didn't care.
You found your own lips tugging into a smile as you watched her, off in your own world, you stayed there until she called out your name and snapped you out of it. You could feel heat rush to your cheeks as you hummed in response to her.
"You seem to be distracted, (Y/n) are you alright?" Her voice was always genuine to you, never lying.
"Yeah, I'm fine... just a little drowsy."
She smiled and leaned to peck your lips before going back to her work, humming at the roots that were under the dirt and giggling when she saw a worm.
This was a daily exercise for you both of you in the summer, Faith thought it brought you two closer, and in a way it did.
Okay so I'm really sorry this chapter is so flipping short, but I'm currently working on the new book and school has me busy. I don't know when the book will be out because Im a little stumped on it rn.
-Another_Deputy