207

QT Second Female Lead's Counter Attack: Ch 207 Light of the Apocalypse 8.23 , August 25, 2018 5 Minutes

-------

It was like all the ripples of the oceans filled her eyes, glistening.

"Alright." He couldn't tell if he was being hypnotized by her bright peach blossom eyes, or her determined expression. He silently promised himself, even if time went backwards or history repeated itself, he wouldn't let go of this person. Even if he were to fall to hell, he would hold her hand.

XunMi kept her eyes on the road, discussing with BaoBao in her head the best place to relocate. The first place was the little forest that they had been in before. They could rearrange those dangerous creatures within the forest into a natural barrier. They would then only need to create a safety zone in front.
The other place was an island prison. It was the sturdiest prison in this world. It held special prisoners inside. It was easy to defend, difficult to attack. Most importantly, there was a land road on the island. It would be easy to guard the island as long as they controlled the land road.
XunMi decided that she would discuss this with her husband after this energy stone mission was over. Although B city had a wide variety of differing facilities, there were still some problems about it. Since she was going to be in this world until death, then she needed a place that could be used to ward off a long battle. They travelled on and off for about six hours, meeting numerous waves of zombies. Before the sun set, they found a large shopping mall. There was nothing inside anymore. The dirtied floor, moldy and broken items left scattered hinted at how thoroughly the place had been previously looted. Everyone cleaned out a space and found enough room to lay down and rest.

It was harder to travel at night. Even though the sky hadn't darkened, the leader of the group didn't dare keep going forward. Who knew if they would be able to find another safe resting area before nightfall. After arranging night guard shifts, the leader began calling over each team to discuss the remaining route. Their destination was a place called Changle Village. It was said that the villagers there all had long life spans before the apocalypse. There were many in their hundreds. They lived simple lives. But most importantly, it was here that someone had allegedly seen a level five zombie.
Ling Chen acted like their team's representative and went up to join the small meeting. He silently nodded along for awhile before coming back. "No new information whatsoever. They just said that when we get to Changle Village, we can move independently. Whoever sees a level five zombie will sound the alarm." He pulled out a big red button.

"Why do I feel like something is wrong? Even though they know there is a level five zombie, they still want everyone to move freely and independently when we get to Changle Village. Shouldn't they say we should first work together to get the level five zombie?" XunMi thought something was strange. This kind of battle strategy was truly unique.
Song ZiQian agreed with XunMi's words. "They definitely are hiding something from us. It probably has something to do with that meteorite." Ye MingYe said with certainty.

XunMi's lips twitched. Those people at the lab really were..

"We'll get to Changle Village around noon tomorrow. Let's rest first. We must be on guard tonight." Ye MingYe pulled XunMi to the second floor, looking for somewhere they wouldn't be interrupted so they could take a quick nap.

Song ZiQian and Ling Chen looked at each other before finding their own places to rest up. As they separated, they didn't notice that there were two pairs of menacing, hating gazes following them. Soon, the two hidden figures left one after another.

Xu Yi also felt something was wrong, but he didn't share his feelings with anyone else. After returning from the bathroom, Sang Yu only saw Xu Yi remaining in their original place. "Xu Yi ge, where's boss and the rest of them? XinYao?" Didn't she say she was going to wait for her? Where did she go? They all went to rest up. You should too." After a pause, Xu Yi responded.

Sang Yu didn't perceive anything. "Alright, Xu Yi ge I'm going to go take a nap. I'll come switch with you later." She stretched and headed upstairs.

As she was sleeping, a sudden shiver ran down XunMi's back. It felt like something was staring at her. She wanted to call out for BaoBao. However, XunMi had coincidentally asked him to go find out Changle Village's current situation.
[Ding! The female lead and female second lead have simultaneously blackened. Madam Host, please be careful.] The computerized warning also went unheard due to a certain person's resting state.
In a hidden corner, two sharp female voices sounded out.

"I want her to suffer a fate worse than death."
"Let's first work together to take down that fox. Then, Ye ge's attention will be on us."

"Agreed." The second woman's eyes flashed with a glimpse of disdain.

Ming Mei was satisfied with the woman's attitude. "Let's work together harmoniously." She'll definitely make Ye ge her own. As long as Ming XunMi was gone, everything would be okay. Ming family was hers now. The entire B city would be theirs soon. When that time came, she didn't believe that Ye ge wouldn't like her then.

Cheng XinYao looked at this daydreaming woman. No wonder she couldn't get boss' attention after following him for so long. Her boss wouldn't give a second glance to someone so stupid.

But that XunMi was worse. But it didn't matter. She'll first use this woman to get rid of her. Then, she'll be able to have boss all to herself. She lowered her head to hide her smile. Two women with their own motives stood there in their own two worlds.
"Where is the thing?" Cheng XinYao thought about the thing they needed and furrowed her brows. It wasn't easy for her to act on her side. The slightest movement on her part could raise others' attention. Ming Mei thought that she would definitely succeed this time. She wasn't even angry with Cheng XinYao's demanding tone. "I already prepared it. Tomorrow, as long as you push her out, I'll take care of the rest." Ming XunMi, enjoy your last day. Tomorrow I'll send you down to hell.
Cheng XinYao was a bit doubtful. Could she really rely on her IQ? But she didn't really have a choice now. "Alright, I'm going back now before anyone suspects anything."

Before Ming Mei could respond, Cheng XinYao stood up, brushed off her clothes, and left. It was just a coincidence that they met. When they were leaving this morning, she had bumped into this woman cursing out Ming XunMi in an alley. She took the initiative to strike a conversation, lying that she was a little sister that her boss spoiled. She said after Ming XunMi arrived, boss wouldn't care for her anymore, even yelling at her because of XunMi. Therefore, they had a common enemy.

She was using another person's hand to strike. She didn't want her boss knowing she was an evilhearted woman.
No one noticed the two hurriedly making plans. Even if they did see, they would only ask a few curious questions. Perhaps, because of this matter, Xu Yi might officially end his ties with the group that will eventually be called the 'hope amidst the apocalypse'.