Episode 15: Plunging into the Darkness Once More

Setsuko ran quick exams on Yuko, Nori, Ximena, and me

Setsuko ran quick exams on Yuko, Nori, Ximena, and me. Apparently Yuko had a mini growth spurt from 'leveling up'. She looked the way that she should've looked, had her growth not been stunted during her younger years. It was the same case with Nori who had grown since Serrano and Ximena saved him. The stunting itself was likely a result of Kuroshi starving them.

Yuko and Nori also appeared to have gained new powers, but the palace's database had no information on them. Nor did we have the time to run longer exams.

Following the exams, we headed to the vortex. There the other knights and our soldiers awaited, except for those of Setsuko.

"Sister," Rosalba called out as she ran up to her. She tensed up once she saw me. "Why...did you bring him?" She took in deep breathes. "No... Don't come any closer...." She backed away.

I lowered my head.

Rosalba... I...

I shook my head.

These feelings... why were they so difficult to suppress? Come on Tetsuya, numb them. Act indifferent toward her, that is the only way to help both her and you.

"Look, I was right. That scumbag is triggering her," Hideo yelled. "Get out of here!"

"Yeah," Eiichi agreed. His eyes shifted from me to Yuko. "Who is that girl?" He ran over and reached his hand out to her.

Setsuko slapped his hands away. "Don't touch her..." She glanced at Yuko who stood by in surprise. "Yuko, stay away from this man. He's nothing but a creepy flirt."

Eiichi eyed me and laughed. "That's not as bad as that-"

"Enough!" the first princess yelled. "I gathered us here to save Serrano. Sister, if you're feeling bad then stay here. As Father said, we need all of the knights. Even if some of them might be creeps." She wasn't looking at me, but at Eiichi. "Or better yet we can split into squads. Go with Hideo and Eiichi's groups. I'll be going with Hyosetsu and Tetsuya."

Rosa didn't move. She stayed in place, as if contemplating what she should do.

I hoped that she stayed. She wasn't in a state in which she could fight.

"Soldiers, accompany the other two Knights, listen to their orders unless if you think they're the opposite of what I would do in such a situation," Hyosetsu commanded his army. "You two, take care of my soldiers. If anything happens to them then I'll hurt you."

Hideo shrugged and walked away.

Eiichi smiled at Yuko. "Take care little girl, if you'll like you can join us."

Nori pulled Yuko away and bared his fangs at Eiichi. "Listen to princess. This man seems dangerous."

"Who asked you, you brat!" he yelled.

"Don't call Nori a brat," Yuko said, glaring at him.

Eiichi smiled and laughed. "Sorry. I meant to say 'kid'."