#19 Post Trip Funk Return

The rest of the weekend was magical in many ways. Once Late Monday Afternoon arrived, it was time to leave and go back to our normal lives on a Tuesday. Nobody said a word in the car and it didn't seem like Doug was in any hurry to get back. Avery slept the entire way while Steve dozed off a few times. I guess you could say it was the post-trip funk return. With little going on, I pulled out my phone and checked Facebook. It soon occurred on my timeline, that Sabrina was moving to Phoenix. It was interesting that she even commented on my new picture. "Girl, you are amazingly gorgeous. I miss you so much."

Savannah had just gotten her driver's license. My mom went with her to the DMV. When they got back, Steve was waiting for her return as he sat outside. She got out of the car and screamed with joy hugging Steve.

"Hey congrats babe, you finally got your license."

Clearly, my mom wasn't thrilled. She needed Advil as soon as she came inside.

"Now that I can drive, we need to celebrate. Let's get Blizzards at Dairy Queen. My treat."

"Sounds good." They both kissed.

"First let me get Margo."

Obviously, I was nervous to ride in the car with my sister, but I had no other choice. At least I got to sit in the back.

"You missed that stop sign!" yelled Steve. "Babe you have to pay attention when you drive. Rule number one, pay attention."

It was true, she did miss the stop sign. Thankfully, there weren't any cars at that intersection, but how could someone miss a stop sign like that?

"Calm down babe, I know how to drive. It was just one stop sign."

It really wasn't. She missed most of the stop signs that we passed by. She even ran a couple of red lights. To make it worse, she pulled on the breaks at the last minute. Steve tried to help her the entire way to Dairy Queen, but by helping all he did was yell. Luckily, we eventually made it to Dairy Queen.

We eventually made it home. Me and Steve got out of the car. I would have to drive him home. Before Doug drove off, Avery got out of the car and hugged me.

"I had so much fun."

"We should do something like this again sometime."

"Absolutely." We hugged again but this time harder. She got in the car and they were off.

Once they were out of sight, I drove Steve home in my car. By the looks of it, he was a little burned and tired.

"You have fun?" I asked.

"I did." He coughed. "Listen Margo. I need to tell you something. I got a call last night from Papa Llama. They want to interview me two Saturdays from now. Would you like to come with me? You could take Friday off and we could explore Phoenix most likely leaving Thursday Night. Anyways, I would have my interview on Saturday and we'd come back that night. Would you be down?"

"Could we visit Arizona State?"

"That was at the top of the list."

I shook his hand. "Ok. Let's do it."

We were officially going to Phoenix in two weeks.

Another great chapter. Remember to comment and vote!

How would you feel if you had to ride in the car with Savannah after she got her license?

Are you excited for Steve and Margo's trip in 2 weeks?