Veronica's Diary

September 1, 1989

[7:30 AM]

Dear Diary,

I believe I'm a good person - you know I think there's good in everyone. But here we are, first day of senior year! I look around these kids I've known all my life then ask myself;

"What happened?"

Honestly, I don't even know either. I just hope I'll either go to Harvard, Duke or Brown to escape this thunderdome called "highschool."

Not to mention, Westerburg has been worse as every year goes by. I've been here for 12 years already and I'm sure as hell nothing goes right.

I'll update when I get the chance to.

[12:30 PM]

Dear Diary,

Holy hell. You won't believe what happened. So like, we have this clique called the "Heathers". THE Heathers. They're like three walking, talking, breathing set of colors.

Heather McNamara. Head cheerleader. Her dad is loaded! He sells engagement rings.

Heather Duke. Runs the yearbook. No discernible personality but her mom did pay for implants.

Heather Chandler. The Almighty... she is a mythic bitch.

And you know what?

They let me join their group. They said I'm beautiful. Heather #1, the leader, called me beautiful.

Shocking.

And it was all because I saved their asses from getting detention.

That's all I could blabber about for now.

September 8, 1989

[8:00 AM]

Dear Diary,

It's been a week I've joined the most popular teens in the whole school. Speaking of the Heathers, I think I've gathered a handful of information about them.

Heather Mac (McNamara) is not your basic dumb blonde bitch. She may look cruel because she's a Heather, but so far, she's really nice.

I can see why her color is yellow, yellow means happiness in color language, that's pretty smart if you'd ask me.

Frankly, she's the nicest of them three. She may be naive at times but that's what makes her adorable in a way. Now I understand why she deserves to be a head cheerleader.

Heather Duke is well... Duke. She's a megabitch but honestly, that's expected because she's a Heather.

She's also quite bossy and likes to get annoyed at me (for no apparent reason unless I did something horrible which I don't think I did.)

In all honesty, I'm quite worried about her bulimia. The other Heathers take it lightly (though there are times Mac would be concerned than she normally does) so maybe it wouldn't be so bad? I don't know, I hope nothing worse happens. Maybe I should try to read a book about Bulimia Nervosa sometime.

Oh and about her color, for now I couldn't really conclude much. Green is nature and... nature is beautiful so... I guess that makes sense? Or maybe green can be envy or greed? Maybe. Sometimes I would catch her looking at Heather (Chandler) with an unreadable expression on her face. I hope not. I can sense the slightest bit of kindness in her, like that one time when I forgot my book in Chemistry and Biology, she let me borrow both.

And Heather Chandler. Where should I even start? When I say she's a mythic bitch, I literally mean she is a mythic bitch. Sometimes I get lost in her oceanic blue eyes (which look like silver at some point) and honestly they're really mesmerizing up front.