15 ✔️

CHAPTER FIFTEEN :

The Quiet Hyung

Everything is finally back to normal; Jimin and Taehyung getting along together, Namjoon encouraging Hoseok to do the things that he loves and wants to do, and Jungkook sharing his toy with others. The father couldn't help but feel joyful. Yoongi, on the other hand, felt alone. He is the one who fixed the relationship of the twins, and he should've been the one being congratulated and being happy. Shouldn't the others spend more time with him?

Yoongi isn't complaining though. Even though Hoseok sometimes uses Yoongi as his judge, Namjoon using him as his evaluator for his essays and speeches, Taehyung and Jimin as the umpire for their debates and such, and Jungkook as the koala who always needs to be carried by someone.

Even though when they are just using him, he felt a tad accomplished as a brother. As long as they have those smiles on their faces, Yoongi is happy too, even if he doesn't show it.

"Yoongi-ah!" Jin calls the last one to come to the car, the second to the eldest son yawning on the front door while looking at his father. In the early morning, Hoseok wanted to come to practice early for the dance show he will be performing in tonight. Using the morning as the time to practice, he begged his father to drive him to school, and then Jin thought it would be killing two birds in one stone if he brought the others along—and he wouldn't be wasting gas by going back and forth.

"Yah, hyung!" Hoseok whined inside the car, looking at Yoongi with desperate eyes while kicking his legs. "Come in already and just sleep in here." Yoongi waved his hand in a dismissive manner and stepped in the car, shutting his brother up as he relaxed on his seat. He almost hissed at Hoseok for being chirpy, a night owl person like him don't really appreciate being up at 7 in the morning. "Thank you guys for being up bright and early with me~" Hoseok giggled, not even glancing at his brothers who are dead asleep on their seats. Jin chuckled and continued to drive to school, yearning for another cup of coffee on the way home.

"Yoongi!" Namjoon called as he ran on the hallways, trying to catch up with his younger brother who seemed to be distracted from listening to music on his earphones. He can't believe that his brother is legitimately opposite from all of them; quiet yet tough, harsh yet gentle to his younger brothers. He is the only brother who doesn't have friends in school, and that made the eldest really worried. Namjoon tapped his shoulder and crossed his arms, Yoongi raising a brow when he finally turned to look at the intruder. "Meet me later after school, because appa is coming with us to the theater."

"Okay." Yoongi gave a thumbs up and plugged his earphone back, whistling a tune while walking towards the canteen. Namjoon tilted his head as he watched his younger brother by a few months walk away from their conversation. Namjoon doesn't usually see Yoongi in the canteen, and this is the first time he actually gets to see what Yoongi does at lunchtime and where he eats. The eldest brother usually hangs out with his (real) friends, and just eat and talk to them the whole time.

Now, he thought that perhaps he should not be with his best friends and look out for his younger brothers since his curiosity is peaked.

'Speaking of younger brothers, where is Hobi?' Namjoon blinked while his eyes followed Yoongi's figure on the line, getting a simple lunch while hunching down to avoid people's eyes. Namjoon furrowed his brows and stepped forward, actually getting a bit closer to his brother in case anything happens out of the blue. But before Namjoon could approach, Yoongi quickly paid the lunch lady and went out of the canteen with his head down.

"Yoongi—" Namjoon reached out his hand, but Yoongi was already farther away with his pace quicker than before. On his brother's hand was a sandwich and a carton of juice, which is quite unusual for Namjoon since Yoongi is such a great eater at home. (Imagine him gobbling up two full plates of jjajangmyeon in one sitting).

"Yoongi-ah..." Namjoon trailed off as he watched his maknae disappear, a frown on his lips as he wondered why his younger brother was like that, and why he didn't notice it earlier.

"Yoongi!"

It was finally dismissal time and Yoongi, as his hyung told him to, waiting at their usual waiting place at the entrance/exit of the school. Yoongi had his earphones plugged in, like usual, and he didn't hear his hyung call him from the hallways. Namjoon still had the same frown on his lips when he approached Yoongi, his phone on his hand. When the eldest lost sight of his younger brother, he almost searched for him everywhere, and in the end, he gave up and ate alone. He had to give an excuse to his friends while his eyes glanced at every student that passed them by to see if it's his brother.

Namjoon tapped Yoongi's shoulder. "Yoongi-ah, come on. Appa will pick us up with the maknaes in a few minutes." Namjoon said and grabbed his hand, pulling Yoongi from the gloomy, empty corridor as they went outside to look out for Jin's car. Yoongi squinted, a weird look on his face when his eyes went to his hand that was joined with Namjoon's. Usually, only Namjoon joined hands with the maknaes, and sometimes with Hoseok. But almost never with Yoongi, since he never really liked physical contact with anyone except when he felt like it. Namjoon understood this, but then this time, it felt like he really did it on purpose, Yoongi thought.

"Hyung."

"Hm?"

Yoongi went quiet, not knowing how to really lay the situation at Namjoon. He didn't really want to offend his hyung, because this is one of those rare moments when Yoongi felt like he was actually noticed by someone, like his older brother. Yoongi sometimes wanted attention from his family, but then he thought that the younger ones were those who really needed them, so he just backed off and kept the want to himself. That's why he was always alone.

Namjoon tilted his head, gently pulling one earphone from Yoongi's ear. "Why? Is there something wrong?" Namjoon was about to pull his hand away, feeling a tinge of guilt on his chest when he noticed Yoongi's shifty self. He knew he didn't like being physically touched, and when he realized that he instinctively grabbed Yoongi's hand, he immediately tried to pull away. But what surprised him is that Yoongi tightened his hold on Namjoon's hand. A small smile formed on Namjoon's lips when Yoongi turned away to probably hide his cute gummy smile. "Nothin'."