Chapter 16

When Catherine got to her room, she immediately went to go find raven. She hadn't seen him a lot lately, and she was getting worried. It might just be that he wanted to celebrate Jest's resurrection alone. She checked the spot where he normally sat and fluffed his feathers behind the headboard. He wasn't there. Cath sighed and sat down on the edge of her bed. 

Might as well plan how I'm going to fake eating a poisonous cake, 

Cath stood up and looked around. She found a random piece of paper under her bed (that the maids had not cleaned). She took it to her desk and ran her hand along the surface of the paper, attempting to get rid of the wrinkles. She didn't exactly know what she was doing, she just knew she was going to write something. 

Maybe someday someone would find it and find out what happened to her. Maybe it'll never be found. Some things were supposed to stay a secret and some things are meant to be out there. Maybe someone would go through what she was going through. Maybe someday...

The door slammed. Cath frowned and stood up. She opened the door to see which door it was. She couldn't see anyone or a slammed door, but-. Another door slammed. There was faint whispering and crying. 

What's going on?

She walked down the hall a little bit, but not enough to turn the corner where the noise was coming from. Now she could hear exactly what they were saying.

"You're sure it's the Jabberwocky?" A soft female voice said

"Let me go get the queen," Another deep voice, spoke

"No." It was the king  "She's done enough to our people. It's only fair if we leave her here. She can see herself out." It was completely silent.

Catherine stumbled back a few steps. The Jabberwocky? They're leaving me here?  I'm gonna...

She heard footsteps quietly receding when it hit her. She had to go after them.

"Hey! Don't leave me!"

She turned the corner where she heard the voices, but no one was there. 

I know this chapter was realllllllly short and you guys want me to publish more often. DONT WORRY IM WORKING ON IT. DONT GO SPAMMING ME ABOUT UPDATING! Okay, I'm done yelling, hope you liked the chapter ;)

Follow me?