It's a deal

The dingy hallway reeked of blood and death. The concrete walls making everything seem a little too tight, almost as if they got any closer there would be no room for air.

He was used to the smell though. He was used to the concrete that felt too close to breathe. But if we're being honest he wasn't acutely aware of it as he once was. Mostly because the reason this sketchy place smelled of death and despair was his own doing.

His polished black shoes tapped against the hard concrete floor, occasionally making contact with the cracks in the floor. Each footstep boomed louder than the last to the person behind the metal door. He made his way to the last room at the end of the hall. Once he was stood in front of the metal door he straightened his posture and fixed his tie before he put his hand through his black silky hair.

He moved his large calloused hand to grab at the cold metal door. The cold metal felt like fire against his skin. He turned the knob slowly before opening the door even slower letting the light of the hallway slowly seep through into the dark room.

The room was cold, and blood stains littered the floor. By the right wall laid a table full of torture devices. In the middle of the room stood a chair with a man who was beaten and bleeding strapped to it. All you could hear from him was the gasping sound he was making. Probably due to their use of enhanced interrogation techniques. The men standing above him turned around to see their boss in the doorway.

One had blonde curly hair and green eyes with a scar that went across the skin of his eyelid, cheek, and forehead in a singular vertical line that left the green of his eye unscathed. His skin was dry and pale as he held a knife in his hand. The other man, a brunette with eyes the color of the earth and tan skin looked back at his boss before letting his smile drop into a serious expression.

"Boss." The two men said in unison.

"Thank you for doing such a beautiful job boys, now leave." The men left quickly, closing the door behind them. The only light in the room was a dim bulb hanging from the ceiling. The man who was strapped to the chair was still heaving, god knows how long they had waterboarded him.

The nicely dressed man walked slowly to the one strapped to the chair. His steps echoed through the cold empty cavern of a room.

"If it isn't Johnny boy," Jax said sarcastically. John, the man tied to the chair, looked up at Jax, the man he owed an ungodly amount of money to. John Cortez, a man in his forties with brown hair, tan skin, and brown eyes looked like death himself at the moment. "Long time no see, how's the money-making going?" Right as John opened his mouth Jax brought his hand to slap against John's cheek harshly causing a loud slap to be heard in the room. John's head was turned to the side due to the impact.

"P-Please, sir, I-" Once again Jax's hand came in contact with John's face causing it to go the other way. With that blow, blood came spitting out of John's mouth and onto the dirty concrete below. But something fell out of his pocket. It caught Jax's eyes and as John tried to recover Jax went to grab the overused brown leather wallet.

When he opened it the first thing that his eyes laid upon was a family photo. In there was John and a woman who he could only assume was his wife. Her eyes were full of life even though you could tell she was halfway through this journey called life. Her brown curly hair giving just as much life to her as her eyes and smile. His eyes moved to the next person in the photo a young child, probably his youngest child. She had her father's straight brown hair but her mother's lively smile. Then finally his eyes laid on a girl, she looked to be at least eighteen. Her hair matched her mother's lively curls that framed her petite face. Her eyes were much like her father's though, mischievous and dazzling. Her smile was that of her own and her skin the spitting image of the sun's warmth.

Jax had to admit that she was very attractive. He knew damn well that he was never going to make that money back from John, so he had two options here: kill him or make him hurt in another way.

"Today may just be your lucky day," Jax smirked as he closed the wallet. The tone of his voice made John's stomach wrench. "I'm giving you a choice to make, I can kill you leaving your family to fend for themselves, or you give me your eldest daughter and we call it even."

John thought for a moment, trying to think of reasons why selling his daughter out like that wasn't selfish. He let go of a sigh before looking up to be met with Jax's smirking face.

"So, your answer?"

"I-It's a deal."