Chapter 4 it was a good day

I had to put it in my head that he's just not that into me...

My first Olympic race was in a few minutes and I really didn't want to be here. I was just so scared, my heart felt like it was gonna leap outta my chest end explode and the poor janitor will have to scrap me off the walls!

"Kayli." I jumped.

"huh?! What?!"

It was the official. "It's time."

I gulped and got out of the locker rooms. It was now or never.

I was paraded with a buncha yells and cheers and applause. It was too much to take in.

I got up on the block.

"You can do it," someone yelled. "The whole country depends on you!"

My heart stopped. NO Shit, gee thanks for the reminder!

I shook it off and out on my goggles. Now was the moment I've been training for.

"Take your mark..." then beep! The signal went off.

I dived in and swam my ass off. All I saw was blue... All around me, it was all blue. I executed a perfect flip turn and kicked off the wall and continued the last length.

Finally the wall was just inches within my reach. I grabbed it and popped up to the surface gasping for air.

"And the United States take the gold!"

NO SHIT!

No shit...

I took a deep breath and fought a smile and I walked over to the podium. Hands patted my back and a lot of camera flashes bombarded me.

I blinked them away and stepped on the podium. They did the whole routine... The whole gold medal distribution, and the singing of that Star-Spangled Banner... I hope the camera didn't catch me yawning.

After all that was done, I was finally aloud to go to my locker. As I walked down that hallway, a part of me hoped to see Nathan again. But the other prt was just frozen.

"Hey good job out there!"

My eyes opened wide and my heart pumped harder now. There he stood, glistening and gorgeous in front of me... Beads of water trickling down his chest.

"Hi," I said nervously.

"You ran off on me that other day," he smiled."Did I... scare you or anything?"

Oh my gosh, he was such a sweetheart.

"Um," I stammered, "actually I... I wanted to talk but.. But I had to.. go.. and I-"

And with that Nathan grabbed me gently and kissed me. His lips were soft against mine and I was so shocked with the audacity of the kiss that I couldn't enjoy it all.

My eyes were wide open as he kissed me, and, finally reviving my heart rate, I closed my eyes slowly and kissed him back :)