Homecoming

Welcome to Boston

The pilot spoke over the intercom as the fellow passengers sat back in their seats. With the screech of tires upon landing on the tarmac, everyone sat up and compacted the aisles to reach their next destination. One petite, fair-skinned woman took her time exiting the plane and followed the signs to the baggage claim. As the conveyor belt spun around, she slipped out her phone attached to her headphones.

Hey, just landed. Getting my bag now, gotta catch my next flight. See you soon.

Hitting send, the bags sorted to appear from the wall when a single vibration from her pocket made her look down to check her messages.

Okay, no problem Girly girl!! See you soon. –Darci

As one case in particular rolled up to her, she flipped the I.D. tag:

Aurora Gibbons

With her cell number listed below, sure enough, this was her suitcase. Lugging it behind her, Aurora hurried to the other side of the terminal. A connecting flight was waiting for her, dodging the thousands of other commuters made it a challenge to read the bulletin board.

Finally, she caught sight of her flight.

LOG-JFK-10: 45 am Gate 12

Clicking on her phone revealed that she had about 30 minutes to spare, so she took her time finding her gate and boarded the last plane of her return journey from a year and a half absence. Glad that at least the weather was clear and sunny for this trip.

Landing for the last time at JFK Airport and trudging fast to get outside the terminal, Aurora slipped her headphones back on. She slipped her phone out to change songs when a horn honk caught her attention. Seeing an apricot-skinned brunette woman waving her hand inside the rental moving truck, she pulled her bag and stepped in the truck.

"Hey, girl. Gimme a hug." Darci shrieked in happiness, glad to see her fellow co-worker and friend.

She did after placing her suitcase behind their seats.

"How was your flight from Dublin?"

"Not bad, caught up on much-needed rest. Thanks for meeting me here." Aurora lightly joked.

"Oh, it's no problem at all and I bet you're tired. Last time I saw you...you were 'investigating' a local pub." Darci retorted.

"Well, I am a paranormal investigator, after all. It's what I do for a living."

She slipped out her phone to share some photos as Darci halted to a stoplight.

"See?"

Darci looked down and saw Aurora leaned over to show her an old photo of herself and a tall, dark-haired man with a light smile alongside another tall man.