Chapter 3

I leaned against the drab grey walls of the LAX luggage pick up department and looked at my watch for probably the 90th time in the last 30 seconds. I'm pretty sure nothing takes longer than waiting for your luggage to come out of the chute, especially when you need to take a piss and the line-up for the washroom is at least a decade long.

I glance over at my parents, surrounded by a big group of people. Fans, I'm assuming. People here seem to be a lot more impressed by them than people were back home in Wisconsin. All anyone was concerned about there was cheese. I can hear my mom's voice saying,

"Ve ALL have zee potential to become supermodels!"

Yeah right, what a load of crap. The woman she's directly speaking to is so huge, her ass probably weighs the same amount as 6 models.

Finally I hear the loud beep and luggage starts shooting out. I immediately see my orange bags with dancing ninjas on them appear and I rush over to grab them. Hey, don't give me that look. All the kids have bags with ninjas on them these days....okay, I guess you have permission to give me that look.

After my mom got her eleventh bag of the carousel (ugh, women, I swear), we headed out to the stretch limo that was awaiting our arrival. My dad introduced the driver as Chuck, and told me that he'd be the one driving me wherever and whenever I wanted. A personal chauffeur? Life is good.

Soon enough, we slowed in front of a white stone house ten times the size of ours back home. It had a fountain in the front yard in the centre of a wrap around drive way, and a garden than would make Martha Stewart jealous. There was a monstrous front porch and a door that looked nearly a thousand feet tall. Who could live here, honestly?

"Son," my dad interrupted my thoughts, "welcome home."

- - - - -

"A cheeseburger and fries would be fantastic," I said into the intercom beside my bed, the red light beside the word KITCHEN flashing.

"Yes sir," a crackly voice replied to me, "right away."

I sunk back down onto my massive bed and took a look around my pre-organized bedroom. A 80" flat screen television was attached to the wall, and there was a small kitchen at the right side of my room. Could my life get much better?

Immediately I remembered Cindy from the airport, and pulled her crumpled number out of my back pocket. I punched the number into my iPhone keyboard and texted:

"hey its mason lol, remember the guy from b4 @ the airport lol?"

I decided maybe if I added lots of "lol"s, she'd think I was funny. Or maybe she'd think I was really lame. I erased the two "lol"s and hit send.

Right away I heard a "ping!" sound coming from my phone. Wow, was she sitting by the phone waiting? For ME? I opened the message,

"Hey cutie ;) of course I remember you, you're a babe ;) the only thing that could possibly make you hotter is a British accent ;) haha"

A British accent? Well, if that's what the ladies like...

--------------------------------

Sorry, not a super long chapter today, I'm kind of sick! :(

Let me know what you think!