Chapter 17

Taehyung sighed, hand running through his thick blood hair. He must have obviously seen the distress in his face as he took a step closer hand reaching out immediately to block out the blinding sun.

"Are you good, man" Jungkook asked softly, and Taehyung sighed internally, he hated slang. Though he wasn't quite sure if that technically counted as slang.

"Y-yeah" Taehyung mummered, nothing much was up. Just his mom's death anniversary.

"I'm here you know" Jungkook softy said, and Taehyung smiled sadly. Why did he have to screw things over with everyone? If he had left Jungkook alone, he would still have Namjoon here today, and a solid friendship.

It was hard to resist Jungkook however, with his muscles and that cute little bunny smile it was impossible to not fall for him. His mom would've been disappointed in him, so disappointed.

He sighed and Jungkook watched him, what was wrong? Then it occurred to him. How could he have forgot?

Damn it. "W-what's the date?"

"October 4" Jimin replied from where he was, sungged right into Yoongi's lap happily whispering sweet nothings to his ears only.

Taehyung envied them, they're relationship was so perfect. They fit together perfectly, Jimin was crazy but just crazy enough for grumpy little Yoongi.

They loved each other and really they didn't need more than that. And they would never in a million years cheat on each other he thought sourly.

"T-Taehyung" Jungkook called out soflty and said boy turned to look at him. "I need to talk to you, in private." He mummered softly and hearing this his group of friends all went 'oooh.'

Taehyung softly nodded and followed the young boy into a darker part of the courtyard, "Yes" he asked. Jungkook looked at him, he didn't look the best. He had dark circles under his eyes, and as much as Jungkook didn't want to say it. He reaked.

He smelled strongly of medicine, it was strange. That was not the scent Jungkook would accosite Taehyung with. He didn't smell bad exactly, he just reaked of medicine.

"It's your moms death anniversary, isn't it?" Jungkook softly asked, cautiously and Taehyung flinched as if visibly struck. 

"H-How did you know" He asked, and Jungkook gave him a sad smile. Because once you were the only thing that mattered to me, because once I used to love you.

"I have a good memory" Jungkook said shrugging it off, and Taehyung just nodded. Awkward silence filled them. It was awkward.

"Are you going to her grave? Is you're dad coming? I'll come if you would like"  Jungkook quickly said, anything to erase that sad smile off his face, he didn't want Taehyung to go the grave by himself. And clearly even if he couldn't see it, anyone walking by would.

He clearly loved Kim Taehyung.

"M-My dad doesn't want to go, and I prefer to go by myself if you don't mind. It gives me a better chance to c-connect with h-her" Taehyung said, his voice cracking near the end, he looked away tears filling his eyes.

"It's fine, I don't mind" Jungkook said watching the man, his heart broke. Taehyung slowly nodded and looking away from the ever seeing eyes of Jeon Jungkook was about to leave.

That was until Jungkook said "W-Wait Taehyung" And he turned around only to be enveloped in a hug.

Taehyung froze and slowly hugged him back, Jungkook held him safe in his arms. Protected, he wanted him to stay there forever.

And so it was clear as day Jungkook clearly loved him.