Capítulo Tres

Just a quick author's note, Xanthe is nOt a replacement.

I swear y'all can't read, I literally mentioned it in the previous chapter. Weirdos.

Nah jk, love youuuuu

Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of the rain pattering. I lay on the chaise lounge for a while, just listening to it. Listening to the calm and serene sounds coming from outside.

A memory suddenly pops into my mind.

One of Xena and I, sitting in front of the window in our bedroom and watching the tiny rain droplets fall down the glass.

We'd always play a game with the droplets, where we picked one of our own, and we'd race them, seeing who's droplet slid to the bottom of the window sill first. Somehow, Xena would always win. She had a way of winning.

She won everything.

She won my parents' heart, every game ever to be played in school, all of my friends, even my crush.

My crush ended up leaving for Mexico a few days after he started dating my sister.

I was always the 'bad girl'. She was always the 'good girl'. Everyone liked her, and I'd always be the one on the side. Everywhere we went, I was a bystander.

She had that special glimmer.

Maybe it was her eyes, or maybe it was her smile. Since we weren't identical, you could easily tell that she was prettier.

Everyone would compliment me to be polite, but it was Xena who people pointed at and gushed over.

No one did that to me.

Xena never betrayed me, though, if that's what your thinking.

We may have been complete opposites, but we were still blood-related, and unlike other siblings, she stuck by my side.

We did everything together. We gossiped, we cried. Weirdly enough, we were even mad at the same time - whether it was something someone else had done, or if we were just having a bad day.

In fact, the last time I remember us having a proper argument was when we were four, and mom had bought us chocolate cake. She told us to share it.

We screamed at each other for so long over it.

Mom loved me when Xena was still here. She'd coax me and care for me. But then Xena...left us. Left me. And when she did, my parents blamed it on the only person Xena confided in.

Me.

They told me that I was meant to stay by my sister's side the whole time, and I was meant to protect her. This was probably their way of saying, 'Xanthe, you should've died, not her. And even if she did die, you should've died with her'.

Now that my sister's gone, everyone hates me and blames me. Since there's no one else to blame.

That's how my life turned out after Xena's death.

The day Xena got kidnapped, I'd been in a fight. I'm not a bad girl, let me tell you that. I was actually the nicest person you ever met. In fact, my personality was practically the only thing keeping me on the line back then.

I mean, yeah, maybe I had been labelled the 'bad girl' and yeah, maybe no one actually really knew my name and I was just 'Xena's twin', but at least they still knew who I was.

Back to the point.

Xena had an ice hockey match that day, the day she was kidnapped. And I'd just found out that someone messed with her.