Chapter Seventeen

*A/N* Pic on the side is what Lori is wearing in this chapter :)

____________________________________________________

*Chapter Seventeen*

Today was the day that I attended my first media appearance. But before I tell you all about that, here's what happened at the club last night.

When the three of us got to the club, all chaos broke loose. First, a guy with a camera knocked Alexis out, an ambulance was called though and she turned out fine.

Yuane was threatening to sue the guy who knocked her over, and a whole fight broke out in the parking lot.

When the ambulance arrived, they told us that Alexis just had a few scratches from falling on the ground, but nothing serious happened.

When Yuane and camera-dude got a bit loud with their fighting, a crowd started to circle us all, and some even recongized Yuane and me, getting confused as to why there's two of Yuane, pictures were taken of us two, and this morning we were on the front cover of a very popular gossip paper. Sound exciting? Well it's not. Trust me.

So that's why I am doing this interview with the press today. To clear up this 'Double Scandal' story.

It goes as follows. Yuane told me to say that she had a cousin who looks strikingly similar to her, and last night she was taking her out for some fun because they both missed each other and blah, blah, blah.

If the press will buy the story, well that's a whole different thing. If they don't, everything will come out. If they do, then we will all be very happy indeed.

So here I am, in one of Yuane's limos, on my way to some building where probably a hundred people are waiting my arrival.

Luckily the building isn't too far away.

We arrived in a few minutes, and outside was like a type of altar thingy that had Yuane's name on it. Literally.

I sighed and got out of the limo.

Just then, that hundred or so people mobbed the vehicle, and three very wrestler-looking guys stepped out from my limo, and tried to get the people away from me.

They made way, firing questions at me that I couldn't even make out because of all the noise.

I walked along the pathway with my bright red platform heels, climbed four stairs, and I was at the altar.

I tried to test the microphone, but with my luck, I ended up knocking the darn thing over and a blaring sound came from it. Everyone covered their ears, including me, and one of my guards picked it up and adjusted it to my height.

I thanked the guard, and he nodded.

At least now I know that the mic is on.

"So..uh..questions?" I asked, uncertainly.

People started shouting questions at me left, right and center.

I clapped my hands in front of the mic and everyone went silent. This is so cool! If only it worked with some poeple that I know.

"One question at a time, please. Raise your hand if you have one." I told them. They all looked at each other, and then looked up at me. Every single one of them raised their hand. Today was gonna be a very long day.

A girl in a yellow long sleeved dress caught my eye, and I pointed at her for her to continue.

"My first question, is why are you wearing Alexander McQueen and not one of your own designs?" She pointed to my black short dress with red flowers on it. My mom got it for me, and I figured out that it cost $1,215. I love my mom.

I didn't know what to say to reply to her, so I ended with:

"Well, I felt like something different today, as it is such a beautiful dress. Plus my sister gave it to me."

Her hand shot up again, and I nodded at her.

"But you don't have any siblings." she said, and everyone buzzed again with excitement.

Oh my gosh. This is not happening to me!

"Uh..I call my friends my sisters, they are very dear to my heart." I said.

They seem to have bought that, and everybody wrote it down.

I then picked a guy that had a very bold patterned suit on with purple Vans.

He looked very out of place.

"Who was the girl who looked exactly like you at the club last night?" he asked in a very French accent.

The question I dreaded. I wasn't sure if they would buy it or not.

"She is my cousin." I replied bluntly.

They wrote that down too.

Next was a very old woman with grey hair and a pink tracksuit, holding a huge camera in one hand and a magazine in another.

"Miss Yuane, why have you gone out last night when you would expect this whole story to be in the tabloids?" she asked.

"I didn't think of it at all. I love my fans and I know for a fact that they wouldn't cause a scene when they see me." I replied.

"What happened with the guy who you had a fight with?" asked a woman with very high cheekbones.

"I had a fight with him because he knocked out my cousin's best friend." I replied.

"Is that why the ambulance was there?" asked another one.

"Yes. And no further questions, please."

I walked down from the altar and the guards were walking in front of me and behind me.

With my head held high, I climbed into the limo.

Being the weird person that I am, I started to laugh uncontrollably. It was just so weird, pretending to be someone I'm not.

I laughed the whole ride through, and when we got home, my eyes even started tearing up!

Yuane and Alexis rushed up to me when I entered the front door.

"Why are you crying?"

"Did they say something to you that offended you?"

"Did you get hurt?"

"Lori what the heck happened?"

They screamed at me.

Right then I started laughing again. Don't ask me why.

They looked so funny right then! Concern and amusement mixed with shock were all over their faces and it seemed to make them look even funnier.

I fell on the floor, crying from all the laughing.

I finally calmed down, and Alexis picked me up.

"What was that about?" they both wanted to know.

"Oh nothing. You two were just so funny when I walked in here!" I said, wiping the tears away.

Yuane shook her head at me and crossed her arms. "What happened?"

"It seemed like they bought it, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't have, if I were them." I said.

"That's because you know what happened, idiot." said Alexis.

I just shook my head at her. Sometimes she could be a little dramatic, but she will always be my best friend.