| 001; o n e.

[ R E M U S ]

[ 09.15.1976 ]

[ t h i r d  p e r s o n ]

[ edited ]

remus lupin had always been the quiet type

remus lupin had always been the quiet type. many students at hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry wondered why he could always be found trailing along next to the infamous school pranksters. loud and obnoxious, the four marauders ruled the school. they had every girl (and some boys) under their spell. except for the famous lily evans, ivory hue, and iris jones. james yearned for lily, sirius was convinced that he was to win over ivory's heart, and peter... well, peter wasn't sure if iris even knew he existed. remus, however, did not need a girl. he was perfectly content with his books. girls were too complicated. he preferred to love a girl as a sister, not as anything more. it was too much. 

the young boy knew that there was commitment in a relationship and, honestly, he was already committed to one too many things. there was the monthly problem, but he didn't necessarily have a choice in that case. and his books and schoolwork and taking care of the responsibilities of being a marauder took up a lot of his time too. having a girlfriend would get in the way of that. having a girlfriend fit into the other boys' schedules perfectly fine, though. james and sirius didn't read or do their homework, and didn't spend as much time in bed sick days before the full moon. plus james spent all of his free time trying to get one redhead girl, while sirius was either hooking up with another girl or chasing after ivory trying to apologize for his latest hookup. peter just followed everybody, but still found a way to sneak glances at iris while looking at the ground.

"You take up for your buddies, no matter what they do. When you're a gang, you stick up for the members. If you don't stick up for them, stick together, make like brothers, it isn't a gang anymore. It's a pack. A snarling, distrustful, bickering park like the Socs in their social clubs or the street gangs in New York or the wolves in the t—"

remus's reading was interrupted by someone yelling "CANNONBALL!!" followed by a tsunami of water, drenching him and his book. he scowled at james, who gave him a sheepish grin in return.

"must you always ruin my books? i think i have 4 good, unharmed books out of the hundreds that i've read. because you and sirius always find it funny to interrupt and destruct my free period full of reading."

"well i think i've found your problem: ALL YOU DO IS READ. you spend more time with your  books than you do with people! we're starting to believe that you are a sociopath—!"

"okay, first of all, there's no problem with me reading a lot. it's just something i enjoy and find peace in, since i don't get very many peaceful moments around you rugrats," remus glared at the bespectacled boy who shrugged and made a face. "secondly, we all know good and well that i am most certainly not a sociopath. obviously. i talk to people all the time—"