Chapter 24

you're all angels and I love all of u

Liam jumps in surprise when the front door opens and slams closed and Harry comes stomping through. He pauses his actions, his hand stilling on the counter that he had been cleaning.

He listens intently and isn't surprised when Harry comes into the kitchen, seething with anger. He is a bit surprised though that he isn't wearing a shirt and shoes though but decides not to comment on it.

Harry is red in the face and neck and he's letting out ragged breaths, his shirt and shoes are in his hand and he paces around the large kitchen for a few moments before sitting down at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

He clasps his hands in front of him, fingers pressed to his mouth, leg bouncing up and down as he glares at the granite countertop of the island.

"You alright there, boss?" Liam asks, his voice apprehensive as he looks cautiously at Harry.

"No. Liam. No, I'm not fucking alright." Harry replies tightly, placing his shoes and shirt onto the counter. Liam looks around awkwardly, he can practically feel the tension rolling off of Harry.

"Do you... wanna talk about it?" Liam asks, clearing his throat lightly. Harry takes a deep breath and then looks up at Liam and he's shocked to see that his boss' eyes have begun to water.

"W-what am I supposed to do?" Harry asks, voice coming out as a broken whisper. He doesn't give Liam the chance to answer before he continues, "I'm trying for him- I fucked up and now I'm trying to fix it and he-" Harry pauses, his lip quivering for a moment and he buries his head in his hands.

"He isn't making it easy, he doesn't get that I'm trying. He invited me over and then he... he fucking... I don't understand what he wants from me. He said to give him space and then he said I wasn't trying enough?" Harry presses his palms into his eyes to keep from crying.

"You can't put the blame on him Harry, you hurt him  and he-" Liam begins and Harry grows angry. Why was he being blamed for everything? "Just fucking forget it, Liam." Harry snaps, interrupting him.

"You're all on his side. All of you. And I'm- I can't deal with this shit. I can't fucking- I don't even think I'm in the wrong here!" Harry explains and Liam just stares at him because he has to admit he hasn't been entirely fair.

Harry waits for him to say anything and when Liam doesn't, he stands quickly and grabs his things from the counter. "Forget it. I don't have time for this shit, I have a date to get ready for." Harry growls out before turning on his heel and leaving the kitchen.

-

"Why was that dick head in our house?" Zayn asks as he enters Louis' room. Louis is sitting on the edge of his bed, his hands pressed against his pounding head.

"I don't know Z." Louis says, eyebrows furrowed as he tries to remember the events of the previous night. "Did he just come over?" Zayn asks.

"I said, I don't know!" Louis shouts and Zayn just rolls his eyes and leaves the room. Louis sits there for a few moments before grabbing his phone from his bedside table, it's almost dead, but that doesn't matter.

Louis lays back in his bed and checks his call log, he had been the one to call Harry. He'd called him twice and Louis sighs and tosses his phone across the room before pushing his head into his pillows.

"You absolute idiot." Louis grumbles to himself. He was an idiot for even calling Harry in the first place but he was an even bigger idiot for treating him the way he had.

"Dammit!" Louis shouts angrily, sitting up in his bed. He punches the mattress softly and then slides out of bed, ignoring the pain in his knee and ankle. "Zayn! Zayn I don't know what the fuck I'm doing." He says as he leaves his room and heads down the hallway.