17

David and I were tense for the first few days, to say the least. I had to remind myself over and over again that I had forgiven him, but it didn't help much. I was harboring resentment, and I had no clue how to let it go. He spent so long breaking my walls down, and in an instant, they were back and ten times stronger. I couldn't trust David. I couldn't trust anyone but myself.

Oddly enough, in my time of moral struggle, someone unexpected contacted me. My mother.

I never planned on talking to my mom again after the incident. She didn't believe that a man she trusted could be a predator; she thought I did it for attention. She was mad that I threw away my soccer scholarship because of someone else, and she was for sure mad when I moved across the country. She hadn't reached out to me in the three and a half years I'd been living in LA, and her Facebook message felt like a sign. Everything happens for a reason.

She messaged me something simple: Can we talk? I miss you, Eleanor.

I didn't grow up despising my parents, so seeing her message really did ignite something in me. I missed her more than I realized, even if she called me by the name that had traumatized me.

I messaged her back I go by Sloane now. I miss you too! Sure, we can talk. I was never so uppity and proper in my messages, but I figured I needed to be for this. Using abbreviations and slang was not necessary when talking about my trauma.

She didn't respond immediately, and I realized she had sent that message at midnight her time. She was most likely asleep by now.

Sighing, I continued to get ready for bed (although I was still creeped out sleeping in there). It was a lot to process at once. Over the past three years of living in LA, I had come to terms with the fact that I would never have parents again. When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't even process that I should tell my parents. I assumed my child would only have one set of grandparents, and I was okay with that. My mom contacting me was a whole different story.

I began to freak out. How could I make up with my mom then not tell her I was pregnant? It was impossible. I had no fear at first; my mindset was always "at least my parents will never think I'm a disappointment". Now they would. It unnerved me to think about, so I decided to go to sleep early. Maybe a dream would clear everything up.

It didn't. I woke up the next morning just as stressed as the night before, and with a new message from my mother.

Elizabeth Carlisle: Last month, Coach Tauber was arrested on two counts of child pornography. They are interviewing all the girls to see if anything happened to them.

Elizabeth Carlisle: I am so sorry.

The revelation was shocking, to say the least. Of course I knew, but I hoped he would've stopped after me. He never (technically) did anything illegal with me, so it wasn't like I could've reported it, but now I felt like I should have.

Sloane Carlisle: He is going to rot in hell. They don't let child molesters get away in jail. Thank you for finally believing me.

That was my one solace. I knew what they did to child molesters in jail, and I couldn't wait. As an afterthought, I added, Give the police my information. I would love to tell them what I know.

Elizabeth Carlisle: I will. There is something else I need to tell you.

I wondered what could possibly be worse than Coach Tauber being arrested.

Elizabeth Carlisle: Your father and I are getting a divorce. After everything with Coach Tauber, it doesn't make much sense. Your father still believes he is a good person who made a mistake. He blames you for this. He thinks you tipped off the police. Also, he voted for Donald Trump in the previous election. I believe we are much too different to continue to be together.

Sloane Carlisle: Oh my god mom i am so sorry

Sloane Carlisle: He was always an asshole i dont know how you put up with him for so long

Sloane Carlisle: Is there anything you need help with

I had lost my formality. I only felt bad for my mom at this point. I realized all this time I had hated her, but she had been just like me. She was scared of the man she loved. She would do anything and say anything to please him. I thought she was against me, but the whole time she was just confused and scared, just like I was with Dylan. It was hard to think about.

Elizabeth Carlisle: I would love to see you.

Elizabeth Carlisle: I know you are busy with school, but maybe Grandma and I could visit one weekend.

Elizabeth Carlisle: I would understand if you feel uncomfortable with that.

It hurt to see her so unsure of herself. Now that I could see how my dad's behavior affected her, I couldn't help but relate our stories. We were too similar.

"Hey, are you okay?" David asked, entering our bedroom in search of a shirt to wear. I hadn't realized I was crying until he walked in. I nodded, wiping my eyes.

"Yeah, um, my mom just messaged me on Facebook. That coach that I told you about is in jail right now, and she's getting a divorce from my dad. It's all just crazy. She messaged me, like, right when I needed her," I wiped my nose, a little confused about David's small smile. I wasn't sure why he looked smug, but I didn't ask. Sometimes, that was just his face. "She wants to visit."

"She could stay here," he shrugged, almost as if he was expecting it. "I could sleep on the couch. I'd even pay for her hotel if she felt more comfortable like that."

"Why are you so excited?" I furrowed my brows. He was quick to offer his services, which could have been just David being nice, but it did seem off to me. "Not that I'm not grateful, but still. It's kind of weird."

"I just want you to be happy," he told me, making my heart flutter. "If that will help you out mentally and emotionally, I am down for it."

"Well, thank you, David," I smiled. "That's really sweet."

"I'm going to the house, but I'll see you later," he told me, grabbing his keys off the dresser. "Unless you want to come."

"No, I'm fine. I have to write. I'll see you later," I waved him off, then focused back on my Facebook. It was now or never.

Sloane Carlisle: That would be nice but I actually have to tell you something too

Sloane Carlisle: I'm pregnant. Around three and a half months.

Elizabeth Carlisle: I know, baby.

Sloane Carlisle: WHAT?????

i think david has a serious problem with sticking his nose where it doesnt belong lol
fun fact: this chapter was supposed to be liza and david having sex but after what just happened i realized there was NO coming back from that so i couldnt really do that

question: would any of you guys read a VS (david dobrik obvs) AU? like where they arent the vlog squad?? im out of ideas for real universe things but i love writing and ik i have a while before i would need to start another book but still something to think about..... lmk! which do you prefer???

vote and comment if u enjoy!! its about to get ugly lol xoxo abby