CHAPTER 13

Chapter 13: Familiar

Naruto's POV (October 15)
He was lying on his bed at his and Kiba's shared dorm room, tired from the days he had had. He was confused and flustered, thinking of none other than his roommate, friend and now crush. The boy had earlier confessed to him, and he down right rejected him. He didn't know what to feel, he knew he had said some pretty weird things to the other when he had lost his memories but... he still couldn't understand why..

Why this sudden development? Why this confession? Why now? Why? Why? Why!?

He felt tears pouring out of his eyes out of anguish and confusion. No whimpers, no movements, only tears shedding from his eyes. He had never felt this before, even after he had broken up with the Uchiha.

Something was heartbreaking about it.

It was strange.

Eventually he had fallen asleep crying and shivering on his bed, unbeknownst to him the outside world, he internally knew he had to go back to school the next day, but he was sad. (Wow.. great excuse...)

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I don't know, Shikamaru, am I not good enough?"

"Listen Kiba, he's probably just confused, just let him be for now, he'll get better, I'm sure of it." Shikamaru said with an apologetic smile.

"Say, Kiba, how did you actually found out about Naruto?" Shikamaru asked. "Well, when I noticed I didn't see him much after, ya know, getting out of the hospital." "Aah, so you found some gossip." Shikamaru implied further. "Yeah, sorta, at least." Kiba said unsurely scratching the back of his neck. "You're not sure if it's gossip or not?" Shikamaru asked slightly confused by the other's past statements.

"Well, I decided to visit Teuchi-san at his ramen shop, and he said if I were looking for Naruto he had left a little while ago, which I found strange 'cause Naruto hated ramen when he had amnesia." Kiba said smiling a bit when he uttered 'Naruto'. "Oh so that's how it happened then."

"Well it's getting late, wouldn't want Naruto alone." "Yeah, jaa." Shikamaru said and waved goodbye to the other, wondering how this predicament turns out.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Naruto? You awake?" Kiba asked as he entered throught their 'little apartment's' door. "He heard soft and quite cute snores emitting from the blond's bed and decided he was asleep, they could talk about it another time. Then he decided to take a hot shower to freshen up a bit, clear his head of the thoughts that haunted his mind, dark thoughts. Once he had finished he decided to stay there a while to keep his mind occupied.

He started to sing a low tune that was not intended to be a happy one. (Play the Song above please..) (Kiba in underline, the other in bold, and both in italics.)

"When the days are cold,
And the cards all fold,
When the saints we see
Are all made of gold"

He sang a bit loudly, his perfect voice complimenting the song's aesthetics. What happened next was a surprise.

"When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale"

Someone else sang the next part, a voice sounding so familiar, so he decided to continue singing, but this time with more emotions poured into it.