1

"WAKE YO ASS UP!" I felt a pillow hitting my head. I pull the sheets over my head to block the sun light. It's to damn early to be waking up just to go to that ratchet ass school.

"Kaya I'm not gonna tell you again, get yo ass up." My aunt continues. I tried my hardest to get up, still sleepy because I was working a late shift at the deli. But anyways after brushing my teeth and taking a nice 15 minute shower I went to get dressed, I just went with something basic.

After I finished I grab my bag and an apple and jetted

After I finished I grab my bag and an apple and jetted. Walking out my building seeing everything I see every morning. This is the hood, people don't care unless your dead or if you get rich. You can't be making friends out here.

I push my thoughts to the back of my head while I entered the school already hearing loud ass females, it's too early for all of that.

"Why you coming out the house dressed like that?" I rolled my eyes at gena's smart ass mouth. I swear I would punch her right in her fucking throat. But ion let these words get to me, I just ignore these mfs.

I walked into first period ready to learn what ever Mr.Howard was about to teach.

When I got home by aunt was already there, she sat in the living couch watching television while smoking her cigarette. Ion know how she does it that shit stink I keep my door close so none of that smell gets on my things.

"How was school?" She looked up at me.

"The regular, how was work?" I asked her, me and my aunt close but not that close. She takes care of me with the little amount of money she gets from her job. I'm thankful for her. She's here while my mother be a crackhead and my father be a deadbeat

"Same, you hungry?" I shook my head.

"Maybe later I'll cook some dinner for us." I told her, I got up and went to my room. I hang my bag on the door and took off my vans. I grab the remote off my nightstand and turned on the tv, I went straight for YouTube. I played my everyday playlist and laid on my back.

"$8.50" I told the lady who was buying baby food. She dig inside her pocket and pulled out a ten dollar bill. I took and gave her back her change. When she left I pulled out my phone and started playing a game on my phone. I don't know why daina got me working these late shifts. I do need the money though, it's what I give my aunt to help pay rent.

By the time 2:30 hit I gather my things ready to leave. I put on my jean jacket, unplugged my charger and grabbed my phone. I locked up the store and started walking the way to my house. The streets are usually empty at this time except for the crackheads of course.

My house is only two blocks away from the store. I turn the block and stop in midway. My heart was in my stomach

"West please, I'll get-" a loud bang went off, I can't believe what I just seen. I looked at the man holding the gun, he met my eyes and pointed the gun at me. My hand went up on its own, i was panicking in the inside when everything went dark.