“Cool,” Jordan said, and took a step out of the bathroom “Shane will take her!” he shouted at someone.

“Okay!” I heard Laura’s voice from the hallway.

“Take who?” I scowled at my best friend.

“Shane, what’s going on?” the brunette asked, feeling as confused as I was. Her squeaky voice caught Jordan’s attention. It was like he had finally noticed her. He eyed her for a moment and then gave her a closed mouth smile.

“I think it’s time for you to go,” he said rudely.

“What?” The girl arched her eyebrow in surprise. “Shane?” She looked at me as if waiting for me to do something.

“Listen…” I started. Oh crap! I didn’t know her name… did she tell me her name? The brunette waited for me to continue while Jordan watched the scene amused.

“You don’t remember my name, do you?” she pouted, folding her arms across her chest. She shook her head, disappointed. Names seemed to be important shit for girls. “You’re a jerk!” She stormed out of the room, pushing Jordan’s side in the process. I glared at him.

“Thanks, man,” I said sarcastically. Jordan squeezed my shoulder as we headed out of the bathroom.

“She wasn’t even your type,” he commented.

“Hey!” Laura stalked towards us. Excitement plastered on her face, “Let’s dance, babe,” she purred, holding Jordan’s hand, shaking her hips at the music’s rhythm. She hadn’t stopped dancing since the very first moment we got here. Jordan stared at her dazzled.

Oh man, he was whipped!

“Can someone explain to me why the hell I was interrupted?” I wondered aloud, breaking their staring-at-each-other-like-fools moment.

“Yeah,” Jordan snapped out of her girlfriend’s spell “Jules is at Jason’s house.” At the mention of that little devil’s name, I tensed up, and anger flowed through my body “You need to give her a ride home.”

“Why would I do that?” I asked but was ignored by the couple. They practically ran downstairs to continue dancing. 

Debating with myself, I leaned against the hallway’s hall. What was she doing at Jason’s house? I thought she’d left with that Wattpad freak. Besides, it was pouring with rain outside. A flash of trepidation crossed me. Was she okay? I shook my head; I shouldn’t worry about her, not after she ditched me. I was submerged in my thoughts.

“Hey!” Laura waved her hand in front of me “I forgot to give you this.” She handed me an Iphone and left as fast as she’d come. I stared at the phone, puzzled. Everything made sense when I touched the screen; the background was a picture of the little mermaid. I couldn’t help the smile that crept to my lips. Yeah, this had to be Jules’ phone. It reminded me of that night I was at her house and she came down stairs wearing those ridiculous, little mermaid pajamas. What was she? Five years old? Shaking my head in amusement, I noticed she had three unread texts and lots of emails from Wattpad.

This could be interesting…

I thought evilly but then I caught some movement from the corner of my eye. I snapped my head towards the end of the hallway. There was a guy coming out of one of the rooms. His clothes were damp; I narrowed my eyes at him. He looked familiar. He looked up at me and I instantly recognized him. It was the Wattpad freak. He stalked towards my direction in silence. There was something wrong going on here. Last time I’d seen Jules, she was with him and then she was at Jason’s house, and the freak was all damp walking around here.