~Chapter 11~

"Y/N, it's not your fault."

I sighed, swaying my legs over the railing on the fire escape.

"Yes it is."

"No, it isn't."

"Oh my god, Jean. It is. It should've been me. I-" I sniffed, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. "I should be the one dead right now, not Scott. And I'm so, so sorry. It's not fucking fair."

"Hey hey hey, no. Don't you dare say that. Yes, it's very unfortunate that he's gone, but it'll be ok."

"You guys were supposed to get married, in the future," I said into the phone. "Everyone knew that. You were so happy. And I took that away from you."

"No, you didn't. And I will never blame you for that."

"But I will."

"Just don't. You shouldn't."

"I know," I whispered. "Is Charles there?"

"Yea. Wanna talk to him?"

"Yes, please."

After a few moments of shuffling, he answered.

"Hello?" Charles said to me. 

"I need to come home."

"You know you can't, Y/N."

"Please, I don't want to be here anymore."

"I understand that-"

"Do you?!" I raised my voice. "Do you really? I'm fucking scared, Charles. I saw one of them today, at a damn party. Do you know how that feels? They know where I live. They've gotten in before, what's to stop them from doing it again? I don't feel safe in my own apartment."

"I'm sorry, Y/N, but as you've seen, it's more dangerous here."

"Then why the hell did Peter leave?"

"Because. Because...we need him here, now that Scott is gone. If you came as well, it's just too much of a risk."

"Ok," I nodded. "Ok. I just hope you realize exactly what you're doing. Leaving me out here, alone. That's a real shitty thing to do. Clearly, you don't care, so don't contact me again. Please. Just leave me alone. Until I get my shit together," I said, and hung up. "Jesus Christ," I gasped, placing a hand on my chest as I turned around.

"Sorry. I came out here, then I didn't know if I should leave because I would've made noise, and-"

"It's fine. How much of that did you hear?"

"Uhhh, most of it. I'm sorry," Peter Parker said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Fuck," I whispered.

"Are you...are you ok?"

"Oh, yeah I'm great," I laughed, staring down at my hands.

"It's ok not to be, you know."

I sighed, and looked up at his face.

"You wanna talk? Vent?"

"I don't know."

"Well, what do you want?"

"To sleep," I answered quietly, turning towards the city.

"You can't sleep?"

"No."

"Well when was the last time you did?"

"Wednesday night."

"Y/N, it's Saturday," Peter looked at me, tilting his head.

"I know it is. I'm not 2."

"Do you want to stay with me?"