chapter 9 & 10

Chapter 9

The policeman opens the door.

"There's been another murder, you're free to go"

I walk out the cell, the same cell I've been stuck in for what feels like a life time. I see my parents waiting at the door so I run forward, I just couldn't wait to be in there arms, to smell my mums comforting perfume and I feel at home. This is until reality catches up with me. I stagger toward the car, everything feels so different.

Thinking about what has happened the last few days is too overwhelming. I knew there was going to be another murder, I could feel it in my gut. I knew it was going to be in exactly 7 days, Friday the 13th, on my birthday. The next week passes too quickly, my birthday was fast approaching, and then it hit me. I knew where it would be.

The clock was ticking, it was 11:40, I ran. I glanced at the time, 11:50, I opened the door of the adoption agency, and I heard a faint scream coming from the other room. Though I knew it was too late, I carried on. I peeked through the window; she was there, standing over Tia Star, blood dripping from the scarlet encrusted knife that I was all too familiar with. I walked forward and my world went black.

I wake up, not being able to move, to realise I was tied to a chair. She was there, my mirror image, her face in front of me, blonde hair, blue eyes and scarlet red lips. We were identical apart from the scar on her face, I could vaguely remember it was my fault. She rips the locket from my neck and smirks

"You don't deserve this" she spits. "You don't deserve any of this, the wealth, the family, the beauty, the popularity, it should have been mine, and now you will pay the price"

I shrink in my chair, trying to shy away from her, her eyes sharp as the dagger raised in her hand. I long for what we could have had, knowing this could be the end I whisper "I'm sorry".

Chapter 10

I look at her shrinking back into her chair, though her eyes show fear, she's accepted what I'm about to do.

"I'm sorry" she whispers.

I take my dagger and plunge it in to her heart, the scarlet blood pours out. Her head slumps forwards, I regret what I did, but I couldn't turn back time, it needed to happen. All of a sudden my heart had a sharp, shooting pain. The excruciating pain surges through my body, I fall to floor withering in agony, now I know how they feel. I want the pain to stop. But it won't, there's only one way to end it....