𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | ROSE

CHAPTER FIVE | ROSE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN AS SHE LOOKED AROUND HER BEDROOM. The last thing she remembered was talking with Stefan on the couch until god knows when about everything and nothing. She didn't remember taking herself up to bed, unless he did. Her heard turned to her alarm clock that sat perfectly on her nightstand, indicating that she was going to be late for school.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Klara grunted. She pulled herself from the comfort of her duvet and let her feet drop onto the hardwood floor.

Picking an outfit wasn't a hard task, but it was one that required concentration. In her eyes, it had to be perfect. Once she had sifted through all of her shirts to find the perfect cropped jumper, she pared it with some dark-wash ripped jeans. With one quick brush of her hair followed by a natural make-up look, Klara was ready for her day.

"You know, I think it's kind of a dick-move that you didn't wait for me." Was the first thing that left Klara's lips when she walked into the high school corridor to see Stefan standing at his locker. 

The Salvatore shrugged. "Figured you could do with the sleep."

"Ah. Sleep is for losers." Klara chuckled back lightly. Her face took a more serious expression as she watched him exhale deeply. "How're you doing today? Sill wallowing in self-pity?"

"Nope. I'm doing what you said. I'm giving Elena space." Stefan shot her a smile but Klara couldn't tell whether the smile was sincere or not. "Stop worrying, okay? I'm fine."

"Stefan." Jeremy Gilbert headed over toward the pair with a serious look on his face. "Look, Elena's gotta let me know if I'm supposed to cover for her. I mean, Jenna's cool with the two of you, but you guys are pushing it."

"Hold up." Klara awkwardly looked between Jeremy and Stefan. "What're you talking about, Jer?"

Jeremy just rolled his eyes. "Look. I'm glad you guys are back together, but if she's gonna sleepover, you—"

"Wait, wait." The Salvatore stepped in front of Jeremy and raised an eyebrow. "Hold on a minute. We're not back together."

"She didn't—she didn't stay at your place last night?"

Stefan shook his head, and so did Klara. "The last time I saw her was at the party. She spoke with Stefan by the lake, and then we headed home. She didn't stay with us."

"'Cause her bed hadn't been slept in, and Mrs. Lockwood said that her car was still in the driveway." Intrigue grew on the three faces at the disappearance of Elena Gilbert. "Where is she, then?"

It wasn't long before, Damon had met both Stefan and Klara in the parking lot of the high school. Stefan had informed his brother that Elena was in fact missing and nobody had seen her since the masquerade ball, which meant somebody had taken her.