067 • Happy

Happy's hand went to his gun when the door opened. He lowered it when Chibs stepped into the room. They didn't need to exchange words to know Tig was keeping an eye on the other stair. Chibs sat down next to him, his Beretta casually in his hand. For a while they sat in silence. Thoughtlessly Happy stared forward. He didn't permit himself to fantasize about his revenge, he didn't want to feel the icy hate flowing through his veins. This was just a job that needed to be done. As soon as things became personal, he showed a weakness and then a mistake was easily made. He had to get information about Maddox, that was his main goal. If he succeeded, he allowed himself some bloodshed. 

Rumor in the hallway distracted him. Were the fights over or were they taking a break? It was almost midnight, quite early to shut the place down. The stair was cracking. The men on the gallery clearly needed a walk too. Happy picked up his gun, tightened the muffler and watched how a pair of shoes came down. Right after that a second pair followed.

With two quick shots Happy took out both of the guards.

Montez froze on the stair. His hand reached for the banister, the subtle way in which his shoes were turning gave away that he was about to flight upwards. 

"You better not. I blow up your ass if you try to turn around. Get here."

The owner didn't move immediately. A little doubtful he looked at the two men that had glided down the stair. He had to understand he hadn't much of a choice, but he probably knew as well that he wouldn't get out of here alive. His hesitation however told Happy enough. He wasn't keen to die and he would take every opportunity to delay the moment. 

Happy stood up from the couch when Montez was only one meter away from him. "I bet you have a room where we can talk in private." He stepped forward and pushed his gun against the chest of the man. "And where we can get to unnoticed."

Montez' eyes wandered to the Scot, who moved his neck from left to right until a snap was audible. He didn't say a word.

"Yeah," Montez said. "There's a small room behind the stair."

With a nod Happy gestured him to take the lead. The man turned around. Although it was clear he didn't like the situation, he didn't look nervous 

Good. Nervous people do stupid things.

Behind the stair was a door indeed. As soon as the man turned away his head to find the light switch, Happy punched the side of his head so he went KO. 

Happy grabbed the guy by the collar before he could collaps and dragged him into the small room. Bottles of wine were piled up against the wall, there wasn't much space left. He put the body against the far wall and crouched in front of him. 

After a minute the door of the wine collar opened. Chibs shuffled in, his arms around the chest of one of the shot men. 

"You get it clean?" Happy wanted to know. 

"Aye. Ye stick to our sleeping beauty." 

The Scot dumped the body and turned around to get the next. 

---

Hey all! Hope you all still like this story!

I wanted to inform you that I started a new Juice fanfic and I'm very passionate about it. It will be something totally different than this story, but I've great plans. :)  

The blurb: 

Guardian Angels

After the death of her little brother, Alex is feeling restless. In an attempt to find closure, the former military joins the Sons of Anarchy. Since her brother spent his last hours with this motorclub, she hopes to feel his presence within the family he was willing to die for. While Alex blends into her new identity as Shane Brewster and pretends to be a man, there's one thing she'd not foreseen. She falls in love with the intelligence officer. 

Struggling with her feelings, the secrets of her new family and the ghosts of her past, she tries to keep her real identity to herself. However, danger of exposure is always lurking.

You would be the best if you give it a chance! :)