N I N E

We all line up from cabin orders. I decide to stand all the way in the back of our four-people line, Aria right in front of me.

Ever since Luke found out the issue with my hair, he made sure not to bother me. I even slept in late because when Aria protested to Luke, he told her to leave me alone and let me sleep.

I have a growing anger towards Aria. Why do you care why I sleep in? That's my own business.

I really do like Luke for that reason. He can be bossy, manipulative, and hot, all at the same time. I never knew him being bossy was so attractive to watch.

Although I'll be honest, all the other times he punished me or my friends, he paid more attention to me, than them. What's the reason for that?

I know he has a girlfriend, but what if what Madison said is true? The fact that they might be on a break?

As the line gets shorter, and Amber gets closer, I contemplated whether I really want to do the zip line. There is an option of walking all the way back down, but knowing me, I'd fall off a pebble or get lost between two trees.

When it's Aria's turn to pull on her belt and safety gear, Amber makes sure to busy herself so she doesn't have to help. Aria calls her name for help, and this time Amber ignores her.

I move closer to Aria, pulling the belt tightly and making sure it's secure on her. It's the same equipment Luke had put on me when I needed help. Aria stares at me and thanks me quietly when I finish tightening the belt on her. Amber grunts something under her breath and pushes Aria- a little too hard- down.

I watch Aria's arms flailing mid-air and giggle because she looks so funny. I already placed the equipment on me, so when it's my turn, I take a deep breath.

A hand pushes me lightly from the back and I can already feel the weight of my legs and the wind blowing my hair back.

I don't remember if I screamed or if that was the girl behind me, but my heart increases dramatically when I see Luke waiting for me at the bottom.

I gasp for air once he holds onto me, grinning at Carly and Madison while Luke takes the belt off of me. When I start to walk towards them, I feel a tug on my wrist.

Luke leans in to whisper something in my ear. "Fix your hair."

I reach a hand up to my head, blushing when I realize my wig is almost off of my head. I stand up straight and fix my wig with the hand he's not holding, which makes us smile at each other.

"What was that?" Carly nudges me as soon as I reach them. Madison sends her a look. "What!"

I shake my head, unable to hide the smile that's slowly spreading on my mouth. "Nothing."

They raise their eyebrows but don't say anything. I try my best not to show too much happiness when we return to our cabins. Aria's already lying down on her bunk when we all enter the room. I pretend she's not there as I step into the showers.

When I exit the bathroom, Aria's the only person left in sight. Before I can climb up the ladder to get to my top bunk, she grabs the bottom of my shirt.

I turn to her, watching her slowly retrieve her hand and sit up on her bed. I sit down on the floor and look up at her. "What's up?" I whisper.

She looks tired as she runs a hand through her long hair, almost regretful. "Why did we fight, Olivia?" she suddenly asks.

"Who's world gives you the right to start ignoring me?" I ask her.

She gulps nervously. "I can be a bitch sometimes," she says, staring into my eyes. "I'm really sorry."