Ch. 7 Together At Last

Hayes and melody have been close as can be. They like each other a lot, but they aren't official. Hayes doesn't know how to ask her out. He hasn't even had a serious relationship before. But he knows that he loves her.

One morning he got out of his bunk and walked into the living room area and saw Melody laughing and smiling. He didn't know why until he saw a boy who was not on this tour. Melody saw him and told him to come over to where they were sitting. He sat next to her.

"Hayes this is Jonah. Jonah this Hayes"

"It's nice to meet you Hayes" He said shaking Hayes's hand.

"Right back at you man."

"Jonah is um my-"

"Ex boyfriend."

"Yeah. He came to visit me since he lives in this area."

"Cool. So um Melody I was wondering if you wanted to come to breakfeast with me. I kinda want to talk to you about something"

"I'd love too, but can it be lunch, Jonah is taking me to breakfast with his parents?"

"sure. gives us more time to talk" he kissed her cheek and she turned a bright pink. He then left the room.

"You like him alot don't you Melody?"asked Jonah

"What no?" she sucks at lying

"You are a horrible lier."

"Yeah. I like him alot. i really do. But we probably won't ever be together. With my brother and my ex boyfriend"

"Wait you had another boyfriend?"

"Yeah. His name is Shawn Mendes. Things didn't really go well. He was concentrating on his new EP and album and he was starting to leave me behind. I broke things off before he could see that I was hurt. But anyways, Hayes means a lot to me and i really hope that we can be more than friends. I know that I'm ready for a serious boyfriend again."

"Go for it. I mean I know that after we broke up, it took me a while to get over it. But now I have Scarlett. I want you to be happy. "

"Thanks Jonah." She hugged him and then they went to breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She got ready for her lunch outing with Hayes. Mahogany was helping her look as cute as possible

"Lox i'm so nervous"

"But you two have gone out together plenty of times why is this different?"

"Because it's like a date and he said he wants to talk about something"

"OMG Mel this is the most perfect outfit ever!" (it sould be in the box down there or up there somewhere)"

"Really? I want to look perfect"

"You look beautiful" Mahogany said. She put the final touches on Melody's hair and sent her out. Hayes was right outside in the living room and he looked at her and smiled. He looked just as good and he quiffed up his hair. Probably Nash and Cameron's doing. Aaron almost stopped her. But the boys, as much as they want her for themselves, they told Aaron to let her have the date. So they left and were on their way to lunch.

When they arrived they sat down at a table and they ordered there food. They waited patiently and sat in silence until Hayes decided to speak up.

"Melody there's something I've been wanting to ask you for a long time" Hayes said.

"You can ask me anything" she said

"You're the most amazing girl I've ever seen. You are kind, loving, and caring. You are athletic at times and lazy at times. You'll do anything to help others. You have a big sense of humor and know what's right and wrong. You keep me sane and love video games. You are everything I've ever wanted in a girl. Will you be mine?"

She looked down blushing, but she still smiled and laughed a little.

"Why are you laughing?" Hayes asked. She looked up at him.

"It's just I met you when I was 12 years old and I was like completely in love with you at that time but I never thought you'd be my real life boyfriend. So I had like an official boyfriend when I was 13 but then he moved away. Then there was all this boy drama and Shawn. I never thought I'd actually get to go on tour with you because of my brother."

"So is that a yes"

"Of course it's a yes. How could I turn down a guy who I've been crushing on forever? "

Threy talked for a little while. After they finished their meals and payed the bill they went for a walk.

"What are you going to do about the hate my fans might give you?"

"I don't really care. I've been through too much to let some nasty comments ruin my life. They're more like motavation to just keep me going. And if it gets too much I have you to make me feel better"

"Ok. I just don't want anything bad to happen to the most amazing girl in the world. "

She looked down blushing. They walked all the way back to the tour bus which was only a few blocks away. They walked onto the tour bus smiling and laughing while holding hands. Nash looked at them and smiled at them.

"It looks like little Hayesyboo got a girlfriend" Nash said teasing. Aaron noticed them and walked up to them. They looked at him with hope in their eyes that he'll accept Hayes.

"Take care of her dude. She's my everything" said Aaron. He's always been protective of her since their Dad married another women and moved to Amesterdam. But it just made her happy that he accepted Hayes and that she can be happy again.