The New Girl Gets The Alpha As Her Mate 12

Jace's POV

I sat by my angel's bed for what seemed like weeks, but was merely days. The pack doctor told me that she had suffered some kind of trauma, but what we could only guess. Every situation had passed through my mind from running away from home, to being kidnapped and escaping. The doctor suggested that she might have suffered from some mental breakdown, but we will not know until she wakes up. I do not know who could possibly hurt her, but when I find out, they will pay. The doctor told me not to assume that she is not mated or promised just because she does not have a mark, but I have already told my parents that she is the one. I just hope she feels the same way when she meets me.

"Jace, you need to go eat" the doctor said walking into the room, giving me a serious look.

"I need to be here for her when she wakes up, I need to protect her," I said putting my hand on her bed.

"I understand you want to be there for her, but you cannot protect her if you are weak from not eating," he said, making it sound like the most obvious thing in the world.

"Fine, I guess she is not going anywhere," I said looking at her still body. I got up and went down stairs to eat dinner with my family and the pack. I thought I heard a thump but I am sure it was just the doctor moving my chair back.

Serena's POV

White. That is all I remember. I think I am lying down, but my eyes feel so tired that I cannot open them and see where I am. I hear two people talking. A man is telling another man to leave me, but I do not want to be alone. I try to move my finger just a bit but I cannot. For now, I will just focus on opening my eyes. I try and try and finally I get my eyes to part just enough where I can barely see the room. It is a huge room, but it looks like a boy's room. I am a girl though, I think. Where am I? Is this home? I slowly start to move my head from side to side examining the room. I see a dress laid out on a dresser. It looks awful. Someone must have had an accident. Wait! I looked down at myself and realized that I had not moved yet. I slowly sat up, wiggling my toes. I turned to stand and get out of the bed, but I did not know how long I had been out. I put pressure on my legs, but I realized as I was falling down on the ground that they felt so weird. It was as if my legs were jello. I slowly started to crawl across the floor to the dress. I used the dresser to help push myself up. I held the white tattered cloth in my hands. I bet this dress looked beautiful at one point. I saw a mirror and held the dress up in front of me. An image of a beautiful girl with long brown hair flashed in front of me so I shut my eyes. When I opened them again, I saw another image of the same girl lying in a heap in the woods, bloodied and broken. Was that me? What happened? I put the dress down trying my hardest to remember but nothing came back to me. I heard talking and laughing from what I am guessing is down stairs, so I guess that is where I need to go.

Jace's POV

I was just finishing eating when I felt some strong presence pulling me towards the stairs. I looked towards them, but I did not see anything. I tried to ignore it but I felt it getting stronger and stronger. My mom noticed and asked me what was wrong but I just put on a smile and shook my head. Not a second later did I hear a noise coming from the stairs, so I jumped up and slowly made my way towards them. Nothing could have prepared me for the feeling that those brown eyes evoked in me.

Serena's POV

I slowly scooted down the stairs on my bottom so that I did not fall down them. It seemed like eternity but when I finally got just a few steps from the bottom a boy, or should I say a man, appeared in front of me. He had the most amazing blue eyes and looked like an angel. I hope this is not a relative because if he is my thoughts are most definitely illegal.