Chapter 4- This is Different

Almost at 20 votes with this story! Thank you guys so much! Don't forget to vote and even leave me a comment!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

This is Different

Bella Swan

"Bella honey, we made your favorite meal, mushroom ravioli!" My mother said.

I nodded mutely.

Mushrooms? Ugh. How did I like mushrooms? She handed me a plate, and I tried to to hide my grimace. The ravioli was burnt and the mushroom were over cooked.

"I made it myself! Can you believe I've never made this recipe before?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, yes I can," I mumbled under my breath.

Dr. Cullen had permitted me to go home with my parents today. The only problem was, I didn't know who my parents were.

I searched the whole waiting room asking "Charlie and Renee?" to some couples until a woman shouted "Bella! We're over here!"

I ignored her- who was Bella anyways?

"Bella!" she called again, walking over to me. "Oh honey, I missed you so much!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a hug.

I tensed up. Who was this woman and why was she hugging me?

I peeled myself away from her embrace. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Her face saddened. "I'm your mother Renee," she said, composing her expression.

"Oh."

Awkward.

A middle aged man with dark brown eyes and black hair walked up to Renee and put an arm around her.

"And this is your father Charlie." Renee introduced the man.

"Hi." I said shyly, my cheeks flaming.

I didn't even recognize my own parents.

"Hey Bells," he said, his cheeks also a soft shade of pink.

I guess I know where I got that from.

"Ready to go home?" he asked.

"My home or your home?" I muttered under my breath. "Yes," I said more clearly.

"Great!" Renee said, clapping her hands.

She grabbed my hand and guided me through the parking lot. She stopped at a police cruiser. It was dirty, with dents in the side and a couple in the back. One of the sirens at the top were broken and cracked, while the other ones didn't seem to have working lightbulbs.

I peered around it. "So where's the car?"

"This is the car," she said, gesturing to the police car. "Your father's the chief of police."

"Great," I mumbled. I climbed in, my face crimson as everyone stared at the car.

Traffic was slow- cons of being a police officer. I absently wondered how Renee was able to stand it, all of the cars driving slower and being more cautious whenever they saw Charlie.

We arrived in a quaint two bedroom house, which I had to admit, did feel like home. It was a light blue, two story house, with a a pretty patio that seemed peaceful to stay. The backyard led into the woods, making me visibally shudder- woods were creepy.

The only thing I couldn't help but wish was there would at least be two seperate bathrooms.

No such luck.