Announcing it to the Public

A/N: This takes place on July 6th, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy.

17 weeks, 3 days

You and Tom had devised a plan to post on each of your social media to announce the baby to the world. Of course, each of Tom's posts would need to be reviewed by his agents and Marvel before he posted, but there wasn't much to approve honestly. All he planned was to post a picture of either the sonogram from your 16 week appointment or a picture of your bump with the due date. It was simple and would speak for itself.

Tom's manager had known about the baby for a few weeks now, but Marvel had just found out in a video chat meeting a couple days ago, and part of Tom's contract is to stay out of the press. Needless to say, he was a nervous wreck and this news will be in the press in a big way, but they weren't upset with him in the slightest. They congratulated him and even offered to work with him on filming schedules and accommodations closer to the due date so he wouldn't be so far away from you. You could tell that this took a major weight off Tom's shoulders, and for him, the rest of this process would be a breeze, but you? You were terrified of the backlash from disgruntled fan girls. You'd received hate before, but this would be on a whole new level.

You had decided to make the posts on Friday night. That way, Tom could be home the next day to help you respond to the amount of congratulatory messages you are bound to receive from friends and other celebrities that weren't clued into the news yet and also distract you from fan comments.

You guys sat down on the dark gray sectional in the living room with Tessa stretched out across your lap. Both your phones were in your hands, making sure the posts were similar and didn't contradict each other. You decided on Instagram first since that is where Tom and you both had the most followers. Granted he had 11 million and you only had a few hundred thousand, but it wouldn't hurt to post it on both accounts to dispute any "he's been hacked" rumors.

"You ready?" Tom whispered, looking down at your head that was rested on his shoulder as his finger hovered over the post button. You bit at your fingernail which you only do when you're super nervous and you nodded, a big sigh of relief leaving you once the post popped up on your own timeline of your phone that was settled in your lap. Tom posted the photo of your baby bump that you took in one of your new t-shirts on his twitter as well, even going as far as to change his header to the sonogram picture. Your photo followed his, with the same hashtag below, but you turned off your comments.

"There it is," Tom replied, locking his phone and setting it on the couch cushion before placing an arm around you and pulling you closer to him. You locked your phone as well as you snuggled your head into his shirt, his smell comforting you as you settled on an episode of Full House on your Hulu, but your calm demeanor didn't last for more than few minutes.

You had some serious anxiety surrounding the big announcement. You anticipated the hateful comments about how you were ruining his career and life, which actually crossed your mind when you found out you were pregnant, but Tom has never seemed happier and, at this point, you would bet a million dollars to anyone that said he didn't want to be a father.

Soon, Tom's phone was blowing up with texts congratulating you both on the news. Most were from different celebrities that Tom had met throughout his career and several were from old friends from when he was in school. Your phone received some notifications as well from some of Tom's more distant relatives that you had met as well as almost everyone you knew from your small hometown. You watched as Tom picked up his phone from the couch and scrolled through his Instagram nonchalantly, like none of the negative comments bothered him. He only responded to people he knew for the most part, once in a while liking a fan comment. Your phone stayed on the coffee table and you only glanced at the text notifications, but stayed away from social media all together.

You decided to get on twitter first to focus on the celebrity tweets about your little hummingbird. Having such important people congratulate you took your mind off the few fans who would try to bring you down.

Within 30 minutes of posting, there were already a plethora of tweets about your little family, including Marvel's official account, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, and Tuwaine (who honestly could have just come over and congratulated you in person).

You wondered if other people in the spotlight went through this  because obviously, this was not normal for you. The anxiety about what people would think about an unplanned pregnancy weighed you down. Did other celebrities check their social media for hateful comments? Did they just avoid social media all together? You wondered if you should tell Tom about how nervous you were. He seemed so unbothered, the last thing you wanted to do was have him worry about the comments with you.

Once a couple hours passed, you decided to brave the Instagram comments on Tom's post. It would take something major to make Tom turn off his comments like you had, because that is where he loves to connect with his fans. The first few that showed up were from various celebrities, of course, and then you came across a few "this has to be a joke" comments. Those weren't as hurtful as what you expected. There was definitely a fair amount of "OMG you'll be a great dad" comments which made you smile and a flutter appear in your stomach, which you couldn't attribute to the baby or your own butterflies.  After a couple minutes of reading, you came across your first really mean comment.

Between the hormones and your normal sensitivity to hate, you let a couple tears slip down your face, which caught Tom's attention quickly.

"Hey, what's wrong, darling?" He cooed, turning so that he was facing you on the couch. You quickly wiped the tears away, looking away from his so that he couldn't see your distraught face.

"Nothing, I'm good," you lied, as you locked the phone and turned back towards the TV, but Tom wasn't having it. He reached over quickly, taking your phone from your lap. You protested, of course, but he unlocked it with your password before you could get it back from him, but not for lack of trying.

Tom's eyes scanned the screen and you could see his face begin to flush, and not in the good way. He was angry. He pulled his phone up and started clicking rapidly on the keyboard. You had only seen him this angry once before and that was when Harrison tried to hit on you while he was drunk back when you first started dating. This side of Tom rarely ever came out, he was always such a sweet and caring man, but if someone messed with his family or you? Well, they'd be in for a rude awakening.

"Tom, what are you doing?" you asked softly, not wanting to anger him more.

"I'm turning off my comments and making a post about people sending hate to you," Tom responded, kind of coldly. He posted a picture of you two from about 4 months ago. You were kissing and the caption read, "This is my one and only, the mother of my child, my princess, my rock. I won't address this again, but if I see any hate towards Y/N or my child, you will be blocked. You've been warned."

The fact that he was so quick to defend you wasn't a huge surprise, but it still made your heart flutter. Tom was your modern knight in shining armor.

"Now that that's taken care of, let's go get some food," Tom suggested, leaving his phone on the coffee table as he stood up and reached a hand out for you. At the sound of the word food, your internal hunger took over, causing you to jump up and slip your shoes on in an instant. You both left your phones at the apartment, wanting to get your mind off what people thought and just be with each other. After all, you only had a couple months left of it just being the two of you and you wanted to make the most of it.