November

Chapter 5- November

11/14/94

It's been exactly two weeks since Harry's name came out of the Goblet of Fire. I did talk to him the day after, and I'm glad I did, because it seems that Ronald was angry at him and didn't believe him. I told Harry exactly what I thought was happening; Ron was jealous about Harry getting all the attention. I think he's been jealous of him ever since they met, and it's been growing every year. When Harry became a Triwizard champion, it was too much for Ron; I'm guessing he couldn't put up with it any longer. So I am currently the only friend Harry has. Yesterday, right before Potions class, we met up with Draco, Crabb, and Goyle. We noticed that they were wearing badges, and as we got a closer look, we realized that the badges were about the Triwizard Tournament. They had a message of some sort, claiming that Cedric is the real Triwizard champion, and that Harry stinks. We simply ignored them, but Draco didn't stop there. He went further, insulting me once more by calling me a Mudblood. That was all it took for Harry to have an excuse to attack Malfoy, who taunted him maliciously. The two waved their wands at the same time, each spell re-bounding off the other's. Harry's charm hit Goyle, while Malfoy's hit me. Instantly, I felt my front teeth grow downwards, past my bottom lip and my chin. I let out a startled cry, and Ron, who had been watching us the whole time, came over to help me. Snape also came over to see what was wrong. he sent Goyle to the Hospital Wing, but when confronted with my even larger teeth, he saw no difference. I ran away, tears filling my eyes. At the moment, I didn't care that I was missing Potions. I ran straight towards the Hospital Wing to get my teeth fixed; they couldn't stay like this forever. I did get them fixed, thanks to Madam Pomfrey. She instructed me to stop her when they were back to normal, and I just let her carry on a bit. I'm nervous to see Mum and Dad, though; they're dentists, so they don't think that magic and teeth should work together. This morning, the Slytherin's taunted Harry and I with the article in the Daily Prophet by Rita Skeeter. The article, instead of covering the topic of the Triwizard Tournament, covered a wild life story of Harry, including a very interesting paragraph about mine and Harry's love life. Harry insisted that he never recalled saying any of the information in the article. I handled the situation calmly; it's no use to become angered. That usually causes more trouble. So I simply ignored the rude comments. Well, I suppose I should offer to help Harry with his homework, since he's busy with the first task.

11/23/94

It's the day before the first task, and Harry and I finally found a spell. We discovered it yesterday, not long after breakfast, while hurriedly searching for one. On Saturday, we visited the joyous town of Hogsmeade, without Ron of course. It was a bit silly, since Harry was wearing his Invisibility Cloak. He had insisted that there was no way that he was going to forgive Ron, unless Ron forgive him first. So it appeared that I went into the merry shops alone, muttering to myself. Anyway, at 1 a.m. of Sunday morning, Harry was to be in the Gryffindor commonroom so he could talk to Sirius. However, during our trip to Hogsmeade earlier that day, Hagrid had asked him to come by his hut at midnight. I anxiously reminded Harry of his meeting with Sirius. He nodded his head in agreement, but said that he decided to visit Hagrid also. So, at the stroke of midnight, I opened the portrait hole for Harry; since he was invisible, it would've seemed suspicious. Then, yesterday, Harry and I took a short walk after breakfast. He told me everything that Sirius told him, and also what Hagrid had showed him, which I still can't believe. It was the main competitors for the first task; dragons! I should've known..... Now that we've finally uncovered a spell, we just have to practice it. When I say we, I mean me helping Harry. It's the Summoning Charm; fairly simple, in my opinion. It shouldn't be too hard to master but, knowing Harry, I know that sometimes he's a bit slow. So that means I should probably be helping him right now. After all, we've only got until 9:00 tomorrow.

11/24/94

The first task went smoothly, thank goodness. I was so worried, my knuckles were becoming white, as I gripped the seat in front of me. Harry received the worst of the four dragons; the Hungarian Horntail. He performed the charm perfectly, quickly summoning his Firebolt. After that, most fear drifted away. The best part of the day, however, wasn't when Harry's score tied with Krum. It occurred in the medical tent, when Harry was getting cleaned up by Madam Pomfrey, due to a small cut on his shoulder from the Horntail. To keep a long moment short, Harry and Ron became friends again. Immediately, I burst into tears, stomping my foot and saying how stupid they were. Their bewildered looks led me further to give them both quick hugs and run out of the tiny tent. I was so elated and surprised, I think I must've frightened them a little. A few hours ago, there was a huge celebration party in the commonroom for Harry. To everyone's insists, he opened up the egg that held the clue for the next task. It screeched loudly, and quickly filled the cozy commonroom, which, at the time, sounded most like a torture chamber. Of course, Fred and George had taken some food from the kitchen. That gave me a sudden inspiration to ask them how to get into the kitchen. I innocently asked, carefully concealing my curiosity. Fred answered, telling me that all I have to do is tickle the pear on a painting of fruit. He must've gotten suspicious, because he stopped speaking soon after that. My thoughts were confirmed when he asked me why I asked. I slowly began to back out of the conversation, but George was with his twin. They didn't give up as easily as I thought they would. Luckily, Neville came to my rescue by transforming into a tropical canary. That caused enough of a diversion for me to escape. I went to the dormitory a few minutes later, and I've been here ever since. Well, I should probably get some sleep ; it's been a long night.