Deleted Scenes

#1

It was one of those days when Miss Peregrine took some of the children into town to buy groceries, check the post and do any other errands. On these occasions she'd trust the older children to watch over the house. Today she'd taken Claire, Bronwyn and Horace into town with her, the twins were out in the yard playing while Enoch was locked up in his room working on his homunculi. Hugh and Fiona were in the kitchen baking while Aurora and Millard were playing the piano in the sitting room, Emma and Olive were also in the kitchen making tea for the others when there was a loud crash.

Millard and Aurora heard it over the soft melody of the piano and went rushing into the kitchen to see what had happened. When they burst through the door they could see shattered glass and red goop in the doorway between the kitchen and the pantry, standing among the mess was Enoch and Hugh who seemed to have crashed into each other while Hugh was getting ingredients and Enoch was getting more pickled organs. Now the two were shouting back and forth about whose fault it was.

"Can't you look where you're going you clumsy buffoon!" Enoch shouted.

"Me? You're the one who's so eager to run back to his room you rush in and outta here without even lookin'!

"Do you even know how long it took to pickle all this?" Enoch said wiping some of the gunk off his shirt.

"Hey watch it!" Hugh shouted as some bits landed on him as Enoch flicked it away.

"Or what?" Enoch challenged getting red in the face, clearly nearing his wits end.

"Or this." Hugh said reaching over to a large bowl of flour, taking a handful and throwing it at Enoch creating a cloud of white. For a moment it seemed as if time stopped as everyone froze to see what would unfold next. Enoch glared at Hugh as he reached over and grabbed a pitcher of cream and poured it over Hugh's head. As both boys reached for their next weapon Millard ran forward and threw himself between them.

"Alright, enough! Do either of you have any idea how immature and childish this behavior is?"

"Millard?" Aurora called from behind him.

"Yes, Darling –" he said as he began to turn to her only to get a face full of whipped cream. Aurora pulled her hand back and couldn't keep from giggling, luckily Millard had been wearing his cap so she'd made a direct hit.

"Sorry Mill, I couldn't resist." She said still giggling.

"It's okay." Millard said though there was an underlying tone of something else in his voice. "Gimme a kiss."

"Ohhh, no." Aurora said smiling as she backed away as Millard approached her still covered in whipped cream.

"Hey Millard!" Emma shouted and when he turned he got an additional face full of pumpkin puree that Fiona had been working on. And that was the turning point, suddenly everyone was throwing food across the kitchen. Hugh continued to assault Enoch with flour until the dead riser picked up the smaller boy and threw him over his shoulder.

"Enoch! Put me down!" Hugh shouted but when Enoch refused Hugh grabbed a jar of honey off the tea tray Emma and Olive had set up and he dumped the sticky honey over Enoch's head. Fiona, Emma and Olive were laughing as Emma threw more puree and Fiona grabbed a bowl of batter, Olive was left with a small bowl of sugar and a carton of eggs adding to the mess. Meanwhile, Aurora and Millard had run out of whipped cream to throw and Millard had gotten his arms around Aurora's waist from behind. When he had a good enough grip on her he reached over to grab a bottle of chocolate syrup and began drizzling it over her head as she squirmed and laughed and tried to break free. The entire kitchen fight was partially cloaked in a white fog from all the flour but that wouldn't keep them from getting caught, especially when they heard the Bird shout, "What is going on in here?!"