2. Sleepless Nights

Start from the beginning

Nandu unwantedly said that with a fake smile to the receptionist and took the room keys and went to Chenn.

"Hey, let's go to the room."

"Okay, you ahead"

And they started going towards the room. Chenn was behind her. Nandu opened the room and went inside.

"Where will I sleep?" (Chenn asked from outside the door itself.)

"Err...actually there wasn't any other room available. This was the only one and I am already cold so I booked this one. But don't worry there are two beds here. You can come in."

"Okay."

He came inside and went to his bed. It was quiet awkward so they weren't talking. There was silence inside the room. After a while Chenn spoke breaking the silence .

"Well. I love this trip." (He replied as a sly smile and a blush.)

And Nandu was kinda shocked and numb hearing him. She was already scared to share a room with him and now this. She didn't reply to him and went to the washroom instead. And then she realised she was still in her wet clothes. She didn't know what to do. She also had to inform her parents, Navya and Manik too. She came back to her room and checked her phone only to find it switched off. Its battery was already dead.

"Err..do you have a charger?"

"Yes." (He searched for a while in his bag and gave her the charger.)

"Thanks"

She left her phone to charge and once again she went inside the washroom to freshen up. She washed her face and looked at the mirror.

Nandini pov:

I don't know whether my decision was right or wrong. But I only know that, I am not wrong. And I won't let anything wrong. I don't know what will I tell to amma-appa, Navya and specially Manik. I don't even know how will he react. Uff! Ayyiappa please, please be with me.

Pov end.

Then she took the towel which was hanging there and wiped her face and rubbed off her wet hair and came out of the washroom and went to her bed. She checked her phone, it was charged a little and now she could switch it on. As soon as she switched on her phone there were numerous missed call from her parents and Navya. There was also 2 text messages. One from her appa and one from Navya.

Nandu's appa's text:

"Nandu, there was an emergency at Mangalore. Your amms needed us so we had to leave urgently. We tried to call you but your phone is switched off and I got to know from Navya that you are out for some assignment. Be back home before 7 tonight as we're not at home. We've asked Navya to be with you until we return back. Take care beta."

After reading her appa's text Nandu was relived a little as for now she did not need to explain her parents much. Now she opened Navya's text.

Navya's text:

"Nandu, uncle had called me asking about you as your phone is switched off. I lied to him saying you're out for some assignment and not with me as I had to be with Mum for her appointment. They're leaving for Mangalore. Please before you make a call to them make sure you call me."

Nandini smiled at her best friend. And she called Navya as per her request. And she answered the call too soon as if she'd been waiting for her call only.

"Nandu, where are you? And why was your phone switched off? Do you even know how worried I was? And I had to lie to uncle and aunty. Do you even care to tell me where at the earth are you?"

"Navy, relax. I'm fine. We're at Mahabaleshwar highway and it's raining too heavily over here and the storm is harsh too. I don't think I'll be back tonight. We're staying in a hotel for tonight. Don't worry. I'll be fine. And my phone's battery was dead that's why it was off."

"Ohh. Okay but are you sure you'll be fine? And what about Manik? Did you tell him?"

"Yeah. I'll be alright. Don't worry and about Manik I'll tell him soon as for now he'll be in flight. He said he was travelling for some official work."

"Ohh. Okay then. Bye. Take care and call me if there's some problem."

"Sure."

She hunged up the call and turned back only to find Chenn staring at her. His gaze made her shiver down the spine due to fear. She was too scared to find him staring at her. She was too uncomfortable.
She raised her eyebrow to ask him what and he nodded in no shifting his gaze from her. She was somewhat relieved after he removed his gaze from her. She quietly got into her bed and was surfing through her phone.

"I hope you won't mind."

Saying so he started removing his jeans. Nandini didn't know how and what to react. She was beyond shocked. She tried to say something and opened her mouth but couldn't even form a word and closed again. As soon as he removed his jeans he quickly slipped into his bed covering himself with the blanket provided. And Nandu didn't even look at him she just kept on scrolling through her phone and Chenn was staring at her. She could feel and tried to avoid it. Soon she heard him snoring which meant he was already asleep.

Nandini's pov :

Ufff. Thank you Ayyiappa. At least for now he is asleep. I'm so so so relieved. When he started removing his jeans I was so scared and I was getting all kind of negative thoughts. Now I just want it to be another sunrise very soon and I hope it won't be raining tomorrow too. We'll leave from here early in the morning.

Pov ends.

Nandu couldn't sleep. Firstly she was insecure and scared and secondly Chenn's unpleasant, loud and irritating snores. At a point, Nandu wanted to throw a pillow on his face but she couldn't take any risk by waking him up. Later, while scrolling through her phone she too fell asleep.

Precap : Shock!!? Surprise!??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know the story is totally boring without Manik but please bear with it for sometime. It is really needed for the storyline. Our hero will make an entry real soon😉😉 just be waiting for him. And please keep supporting