Vikklan- Where Are You? Parts 1- 4

Lachlan's P.O.V.

"Vikk?" My voice was shaking, hoarse and scared. I couldn't see in the dark and the only thing that let me know he was there was his soft, peaceful breathing. "Vikk, please tell me you're there?"

"Hmmm?" He coughed violently, painfully and I heard him roll over onto his side.

"Are you okay? You sound like you're inju- aghhhh!!" I cried out in pain as white light flooded my vision, flattening myself on my stomach to block out the painful glare. I heard Vikk let out a high-pitched wail when the lights came on and it sounded painful.

It took a few minutes before I finally able to lift my head, squinting around. We were in what I could only describe as a concrete box, with no features on the walls and no indication of where the door was. I tried to push myself to my knees but fell flat on my face, groaning in pain.

On the second attempt I managed to roll over and sit up, taking in more of my surroundings. Vikk was curled up in the corner in a little ball, hands over his head and whining quietly into the silence. I scrambled towards him, hissing in pain as my chest moved.

"Vikk?" He barely moved, his eyes glued shut and his face contorted in pain. His lips were cracked and bleeding and there was a thin sheen on sweat covering his forehead, telling me there was something very, very wrong.

"Vikk please?" I pleaded, leaning up against the wall beside him. My chest was tight and causing immense pain every time I tried to move but I didn't know what was wrong. The best I could guess was a cracked or broken rib.

I reached out for his hand and squeezed it, praying to whatever god that was out there that he would be okay. Curling up protectively around him, I tucked him into my chest where he would be warm and just kept waiting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Because there was no way to pass the time I could only guess when he started to stir. I had gotten so bored that I had started counting to pass the time, so it was anywhere in between an hour to three hours before things started happening.

"Hmmm..? Wha-" Vikk started stirring in my arms, flinching at the bright lights so I pulled him closer into my chest to block them out of his view. He struggled a little against my grip, his hands curling into fists against my chest but once he knew it was me, probably by my smell, he settled down again.

"Vikk? Can you open your eyes for me?" I saw him squint in the shade of my arms, nuzzling himself closer.

He seemed weak, barely able to move himself and I didn't know what was wrong. He still seemed to be in pain, letting out quiet, involuntary whines whenever I moved and didn't seem to want to speak even when I prompted him.

I decided to just go for it after a few minutes of Vikk refusing to move, so, reluctantly and painful, I sat up and pulled Vikk with me. He let out a guttural groan and tried to cling to me, his head pressing into my neck and his hands clinging to my shirt.

I just managed to sit him up and pulled away so he was sitting up mostly on his own but still leaning up against me and covered my mouth with my hand.

He was blinking slowly, too slowly, and his eyes had an unseeing gaze that stared off into the distance with no thought. He had huge dark circles underneath his eyes and when I moved my hand away he started listing to the side, unable to keep himself up.

But the thing that most worried me was the bruising along his face, neck, arms and legs. The bruises were purple and blue, marking his face and body and telling me that something very bad had happened to him that I didn't know about.