Chapter 15 Friend

Brandon ran into the bathroom and went inside the stall. "Oh damn, I just made it on time," He held the toilet paper in his hand while he sat on the toilet seat. He heard a loud voice of someone who came running inside the bathroom.
"Kate—"
"Why don't you understand? I don't have people around me because I like being alone!"
'Oh, that's Kate's voice. Who is that other guy?' Brandon thought as he heard Kate and Jaden talk inside the bathroom.

"STOP FOLLOWING ME AROUND, WILL YA?! TO BE HONEST, YOU'RE LIKE A FUCKING PEST!"
"Kate, be kind—"
"WHY SHOULD I?! KINDNESS HAS ALWAYS HURT ME AND MADE ME THE STUPID ONE! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU, JADEN SMITH! FUCK BRANDON JOHNSON! FUCK ANNA ROBERTS! FUCK EVERYONE! You don't care what I'm going through, you just want some drama to watch!

All that everyone has done is hurt me to the point that I just want to disappear! I'm just trying to hold on. I NEED TO FEEL NOTHING FOR NOBODY! LEAVE ME ALONE, I BEG YOU! Please...Don't make things so difficult that I have no option but to die,"

It turned quiet. Brandon looked at his feet. Were they gone?

"Lately I've realised that," Kate snorted, "It's so easy to hurt me. Like they don't even need to try. All they need to do is leave and fuck I'm hurt. And I want it to end. And I can see no other way except just... death. And I think that's what ugly asses like me deserve."

"Do you want to die?" Jaden asked. He was calm while Kate was crying.
"I do. Since a long time. But I don't have the courage to do that."
"Then, what do you want to do?"
"I don't know,"
"Have you ever thought about it?"
"I don't want to,"
"But you have to. Can't you see, Kate? It's eating you up from inside."
Kate continued sobbing, "Then what should I do? My past just doesn't leave me alone! You saw it yourself, didn't you? Those guys at the cafeteria, they just keep bringing that old rumor up again and again. If it spreads in high school too, what would I do?"

"Be firm about your choices right now. Don't go back to those choices, situations, experiences and memories that weren't helping you evolve. You have to keep reminding yourself why you even decided to move forward. Be kind to others and to yourself,"

"Only weak people are kind!"
"So you think cruelty is strength?"
Kate didn't reply.

"Kate," Jaden walked towards Kate and looked into his eyes.
"Be strong
But don't let your strength make you cruel.
Be kind
But don't let your kindness, make you weak
Be strong and be kind. This combination is rare, but hey, boys named Kate are rare too?" He smiled.

Kate looked at his feet, "I honestly don't know what hurts more. You liking the person who hurts you or the person who you've hurt still likes you"
He smiled, "Oh, you didn't hurt me. I know you've been through something but it's alright," He hugged him gently, "God loves us all. There must be a reason why he brought us together."

"Jaden..."
"Also," He looked at Kate, "You're not ugly. You are God's creation and in his time, he has made everything beautiful,"
"...Have I told you that you're literally a fucking angel?"
"Oh, thank you," He smiled, "The F-word was not required though,"
"It's out of love,"
"Okay?" Jaden laughed.

'Guys, we have someone else on our team! I made a friend! Yay!'

"By the way, you don't know to wash your face?" Jaden asked as he moved away from Kate.
"What do you mean?"
"You made your entire sweatshirt wet."
"Oh! It's fine! It's like September. It's hot, I'll be fine."

Th bell rang, "Are you sure?"
"I am! Now go, you have a class," Kate said.
"Okay, see you around, Kate," He waved at him and Kate waved back.
'I hope I'm not making a mistake again.' 

Kate walked out of the bathroom and soon Brandon came out too. He seemed dejected and began walking back to his class. He felt guilty about what he had done. Kate was still suffering and he didn't want that. He wanted to undo everything but that wasn't possible so he knew he had to do something by himself. He reached his classroom and looked at Harry. Or maybe he could use some help?