National Enemy

"Draven it's good to see you!" Clarke says standing from Jameson's desk. "You as well Agent Miller." She smiles at Hope. "So, Agent Draven,-"

"I would like to resign." Draven says to her.

President Clarke steps back in shock. Hope's face is blank as she gets shocked by his comment too. She looks to the ground to act as if she knew it was coming. Clarke takes a seat.

"Uh-wow. Draven listen-I know Jameson's death was heavy but-"

"That's not why." Draven hesitates. "I can't do this job anymore. It doesn't mean anything to me."

"What about the mission?"

"What is the mission anymore?" Draven asks. "We're not making the world safer or better. We're separating it. There's no motivation for me anymore. I'm resigning."

Draven says. He takes the gun from his jacket, walks to the desk, and places it in front of her. He slides his digital badge from his breast as the hologram on his back fades out. He slides it beside the gun and steps back. He looks at Hope and subtly nods no as her mouth opens. He knew she was going to quit with him, but he also knew she wouldn't if he asked.

"I was going to ask you if you'd like the position of director." Clarke says staring at the gun and badge.

"You should take a look at Agent Miller's profile. It's outstanding, and she solved the Ghost case with me, and helped in it just as much." He says looking at her.

"Agent Miller?" She looks to Hope. "You think you'd want the position? Jameson spoke highly of you too."

Draven stares at Hope with a signal in his eyes to say yes.

"I would." Hope answers her. "I haven't been her very long tho-"

"I'll take a look at your profile myself. You'll have an answer by the end of the day. For now I have some paperwork to do." She says hinting at Draven's resignation.

Draven walks out of the office. Hope thanks her and walks out behind him.

"Hope, you still have work. You aren't permitted to leave the building until you file paperwork on your investigation at the Ultracomplex." Clarke says to her.

"Of course, ma'am." Hope replies as she walks out.

Hope steps in front of Draven in the hallway and smacks his chest.

"What the fuck?" Hope says to him

Draven stares blankly, speechless. "I don't know anymore. I have a job to do, and so do you now."

"So do I now?" She repeats. "What's gotten into you?"

"Reality." Draven answers quickly.

"This is bullshit you know, all of this ambiguity!"

"I think we should break up." Draven says looking into her eyes.

He coughs upon the words exiting his mouth. He raises his hands and wipes his face. Hope has an open mouth and shocked look as her eyes gaze downward.

"Wha-what."

Tears well in Draven's eyes. Hope's face washes away the sadness, refilling it with anger.

"How dare you!" She yells slapping him. "I lied for you! Trusted you! Lived with you! Quit for you! You lied to me about being a fucking android, I love you!" Hope finishes.

"Love."

Hope is stunned by his repeating. "L-love."