Chapter 7

After we met some of the Dark Moon mem- I mean after we introduced ourselves to everyone we were escorted to the pack house. We would meet the others at the Run tonight which apparently happens when new people are welcomed into the pack. Basically, from what I've heard, during the Run the whole pack- excluding children, elders, and those who haven't shifted yet- goes out in wolf form to hunt and run. I was more than excited for this. I was finally able to shift. And the even better news is that the Run is led by the Alpha. And if he has a mate it could be led by her too. This might even give me a chance to talk to him one on one.

Anyways besides that, I was feeling really nervous to go the pack house. If Alpha Thaddeus lived in the pack house, was I going to be with him? We actually haven't talked one on one yet and I was kind of itching to do so.

I walked alongside Beth and Savannah. They were both quiet but I could only assume it had something to do with the change around them. I placed a hand on Beth making her look up, startled.

She interlaced our hands together before looking back at the front. I was shocked at the action but went along with it. We were being led by the third in command, Ken. My old pack didn't have a third in command. I guess Alpha Brayton didn't think they were much use. I remember we use to have one about ten years ago but he mysteriously vanished. I don't even think Alpha Brayton knew what happened to his third in command but since then we haven't had one since.

We stopped in front of a beautiful large mansion. Standing in front of it, I felt so small. I could see through the windows some people bustling around here and there. I was about to walk in but stopped when a hand touched my shoulder.

I looked up startled. Ken let go immediately. "The alpha requested you stay in his house."

I froze on the spot. He lived in a different house. And I was going to live in it... With him.

Beth snapped me out of it when she pulled on my hand impatiently. I let go of her hand and motioned for her to my mom and dad who were staring at me confused.

I shook my head trying to tell them I would talk to them later with my eyes. My mom understood but my dad didn't. My mom pulled on my dads arm making them continue on into the mansion with the kids.

I looked back at the third in command. "Lets go."

I followed close by behind him. He moved with a quick speed in his legs which made me wonder if he had other things to do. I rolled my eyes at this and scoffed inwardly.

Of course he has other things to do besides taking me to the Alphas house. Speaking of that, I was completely nervous. What would happen once I get there?

I decided to muster up enough courage and ask Ken. I coughed to get his attention. He turned around to face me. "Is there a problem?"

I shook my head. "Actually, I was wondering what would happen once we get there. I mean is there any one else living there besides the Alpha?"

Please tell me other people will be living there, I chanted repeatedly in my head.

"I'm afraid I do not know what will happen once you get there, but you two are mates," he looked away while scratching the back of his neck. It took me a full minute to understand what he was implying.

I blushed deep red at the thought of us mating. I know it will happen sooner or later but I did not want to think about it at the moment. A moment of absolute awkward silence descended on us as we continued to the house. Once we made it, Ken coughed to get my attention this time.

"And no one besides the Alpha himself lives here," he responded answering my earlier question.

I was partly upset yet excited and nervous. I was upset because Alpha Thaddeus must have felt really lonely living in such a beautiful large house. And I thought the pack house was big.