Chapter 49

After one more week of crucial care and treatment Maahi was released from the hospital on condition that she will keep coming back for checkups every third day for next few weeks until notified by the doctor otherwise.

That one week was enough for everyone to relax and figure out their next move. Abhay and Oliver seemed to be at peace with each other. Maahi's parents accepted Oliver after they got their daughter back from being almost dead. Priyanka, Raghav, Shreya and Zoya were busy planning a party for her return. Zoya gathered the bags of party supplies, spreading them out in front of her. She retrieved a pack of 'Welcome Home' napkins out of one of the bags. She was scheduled to leave for Pakistan the very next day after Maahi's welcome home party.

'Maahi, Maahi, Maahi', everyone started chanting her name, blowing party poppers and whistling as she entered her house after three months of being in the hospital. Her glance swept across the house, the last thing she remembered doing here was searching fanatically for Oliver and never in her wildest dreams she would have imagined that three months later she'd be standing in the same house with Oliver by her side. She was holding onto Oliver's hand tightly, she clutched it tighter with nausea and memories of the past flooding her. Everyone came forward and hugged her.

Things were changing so fast for Maahi, to her it felt within blink of an eye. She shifted her weight as she sat on one of the chairs in corner as everyone started to chitter chatter while Oliver went to plate some food for Maahi and him. She knew she'd have to speak to Abhay, it had been bugging her since the day she woke up. After sometime Abhay came and sat next to her.

'Maahi, I am so sorry for everything, I want to tell you something.'

'I know about her.' she announced while looking at him blankly.

'Oliver told you?'

'Oh, so even he knows?', she shook her head in disbelief. 'No I heard you talking on the phone when I was in coma. I wasn't aware of everything throughout it but sometimes I could hear people around me and one of those times I heard you. I forgive you. I am tired of this same old thing and running in circles. I want to start over. I want to start over with you, with Oliver and with everyone present here.'

'Me too. I just wanna let you know that I am happy for you and Oliver.'

A loud 'thud' from the kitchen followed by the sound of glass breaking and crockery falling startled everyone. Shreya ran inside first as she was standing nearest to the kitchen.

'Zoya!!' She gasped as everyone followed her inside.

Zoya was lying unconscious on the floor with watermelon juice splattered all over her and pieces of glass and crockery scattered around her.

'Oh my God! What happened? What is wrong with her? Someone please call a doctor. Please!' Maahi was shouting, panicking and stumbling in the process. Oliver took her by the shoulders and asked her to calm down. She was just starting to recover and anxiety was bad for her.

Soon ambulance arrived andZoya was transferred to the same facility that Maahi had just left.