Namjoon

"So...have you spoken to the council at all?"
    I raise my gaze from my paperwork to scowl at Taehyung. Lounging casually on the chair across the room with his signature smirk. I just want to rip it off his face sometimes.
      "Not recently. Why?"
      He chuckles and I clench my fists in annoyance. "Just wondering. They've been calling. I've been the only one here to answer." He shrugs.
      Groaning, I sit back and wait, knowing he's not finished.
      His lips twitch in a gloating manner. "Well, they have questions about our hybrids. Apparently some of our men have casually mentioned them living here. Wanted to make sure we're sticking to the rules."
      I keep my expression blank and unreadable, knowing he's observing ever little twitch of my muscles. I smile. "They're welcome for a visit anytime. Our doors are always open to the council. I certainly hope you let them know that."
      He nods, standing up. "Of course. I do believe they are sending over a representative tomorrow evening for dinner. She wants to engage with our submissives and make sure everything is on the up and up." He explains. "Which I'm sure, knowing you, everything is just fine."
      I nod. "Very well. How is your...little sub doing? Haven't seen him much. Haven't killed him off yet, have you? You were the one begging to keep them, after all." I smile, leaning back and running my pen casually over my lips.
      He laughs. "He's fine. Been a little temperamental lately. He's being punished accordingly."
       "Ah."
       He pauses. "And yours? I noticed you've been working the poor thing to death. Honestly Namjoon-ah, you should give him a break."
      Rolling my eyes, I stand up and walk around my desk, eyeing him hard. "You will be at the dinner with your hybrid, correct?"
       His lips twitch. "Of course. Can't disobey the council, now can we?"
       "Do you think they would need Yoongi and his hybrids here as well?"
       He frowns. "I'm not sure. They only mentioned us and ours. I do believe Yoongi isn't very high on their radar like us. Then again, we are the royal family, after all. Have to keep up those pesky appearances."
       "Mhm. Set the date for tomorrow evening at 8. Now please, excuse me, but some of us have work to do around here. Go play." I mock.
      He salutes me just as mockingly and steps out of the door. I wait for several long moments before I sit back at my desk and frown at the papers I've been reading through.
      Taehyung has been making deals without my approval or notification. Deals that are not the standard of the royal family or even mafia. I don't like it. He's becoming more and more troublesome. He thinks I don't notice his backhanded ways or the fire in his eyes.
      His jealousy.
     He wants my position, my power. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't know I'm in on his little games and will let him play them out until the end. Ultimately I'll be the one coming out on top, however. Brother or not, he can't fool the leader of the mafia.
      You can't put stupid people in such positions. I'm much smarter than Taehyung believes. I've underestimated his thirst but overestimated his intelligence.
      Another knock comes from behind the door.
     "It's open." I sigh.
      Hoseok peaks his head in, bowing and blushing. My eyes trail over his form, noting his shirt seems a little tight in his uniform. I also find myself looking at the cast still on his wrist. It's been a couple weeks since that night and I still feel a little guilty. I don't like feeling that way.
      "What is it?"
      He hesitates, avoiding meeting my eyes. He's been doing that since that night as well. Perhaps I was too rough and he regrets wanting it in the first place. I suppose that's fair.
      "I w-was wondering...since I've finished all my chores for the day...if maybe...I c-could visit Jungkook and Jimin?" He sounds nervous.
      I stare at him for a moment. Truthfully, I haven't heard much from my friend lately and should visit him as well. He's been active on the business side but he's never just disappeared on the personal one like this. Hm.
       "Perhaps. Once I've finished here. Go change. I'll be there in a couple hours."
      His smile is blinding as he nods happily and practically skips towards the door. "Thank you master!"
      I find myself smiling as he leaves. Shaking my head, I finish up quickly, sending Yoongi a text to let him know we'll be stopping by.