I left the room and walked out the front door just in time to see my cousins leaving in their convertibles. I rolled my eyes and began my walk to the bus stop were my best friend sat there waiting for me and the bus. Her name was Jessie and super pretty; she never wanted others to believe that so she always had her hair in a messy bun and wore baggy clothes. She was the greatest friend someone could ask for too.

She raised an eyebrow at my appearance and gave me a once over. “Good morning sunshine! Don’t you look amazing.” Grabbing my hand she began to drag me to the bench and began working with my hair.

“Noo, leave it alone.” I grabbed her hands and pried them from my hair that was now hanging in my face. “I don’t care what others think about my appearance.”

“Well you should,” she muttered while crossing her arms over her chest. Grumbling about something I couldn’t quite make out she watched people ride by in their cars. “I wish I had a car…”

I snorted, “You and me both.” The sun was beating down on my back as I waited for the bus to finally make its way down the street. From what it looked like the freshmen were running up and down the aisle and throwing things at each other. Yay…

“So how are you doing with skating?” Jessie ventured to ask, knowing I didn’t like the topic. She stood up and made her way to the bus, not looking eye contact with a freshman who was staring her down. Getting onto the bus she growled at him and he shrunk back in his seat, not daring to look at her again.

“Jessie I don’t want to talk about it,” I said through my yawning. Pressing my head against the window I saw Trent ride by in his mustang, not even bothering to look at the bus. Why would he… he would just see a pathetic low life girl who lost her famous parents and is now at the bottom of everything. He was so amazingly hot and a really nice guy. How do I know this because he helps out anyone in trouble, he just so happens to be at the very top of the chain as well. So he wouldn’t even give me a glance…

“Earth to Faith! We are going to talk about it sooner or later because I know you have your skates with you right now.” She motioned to the blade sticking out of my bag.

I quickly covered it back up and glanced around to see if anyone saw. Turning back to glare at her she simply just rolled her eyes at me. “I just can’t stop skating it’s my life. It’s in my blood Jessie, it’s all I have left to enjoy.”

“You are taking a risk every time you go out onto that ice you know that right? One day the coach or the principle will walk in a see you and then your toast,” she mumbled.

“Well what else am I supposed to do huh? I can’t afford to go to the ice rink in town and even if I did have money I still wouldn’t be able to because of my aunt.”

“I know but I am just sa-“ She began.

“Just drop it.” I got up from me seat and moved to the front of the bus to get off first. Once the doors opened I jumped off and quickly made my way to the front door. I kept my eyes down avoiding the stares of everyone and ran into someone. “Sorry.”

“It’s ok,” Trent said reaching out to steady me. “You alright?”

My heart beat quickened as I kept my eyes down and moved passed him, “um yeah.” I got into the building and searched the lists for my homeroom. I smiled when I found Jessie’s name undermine.  Once in homeroom I took my seat in the very back and waited for the bell to ring. A couple of hours I would be able to go to the rink.

I relaxed in my chair and thought about me on the ice and how amazing it was. Twirling and sliding, sometimes even falling but hey that came with skating. It’s not like it was ever easy, I had cuts and bruises from all the falling I have done in my life. I thought about a jump I have been trying to perfect for a while now and mentally cheered when I thought about me landing it to perfection.