1

(Picture of Athena)

--Now--

*Emma*

A few rays of golden sunlight peeked through the green leaves of my home, otherwise known as a random oak tree near a beautiful river that I sleep in to avoid ambushes and keep camouflaged. I yawned then swiftly climbed down the massive tree from the very top branch right down to the moist green grass beneath my bare feet in a few seconds. I walked over to the beautiful river beside my tree and washed my face, feet and hands in the freezing cold water. 

Since I have been a rouge for about 12 years now, I have gotten used to the freezing cold water because as long as I have water... I don't care what temperature it may be. I finished giving myself a small wash and decide to go for a very early run, VERY early. It was the crack of dawn and the sun was only starting to rise, as well as all the beautiful colours with it... oranges, pinks, purples and blues. When you haven't lived out your innocent childhood completely and you have been a rouge for 12 years, everything seems more beautiful than a stuck up pack member would see it.

"HEY! Not all pack members are stuck up... I would personally like to be in pack, you know-" I scoffed at my wolf Athena.

"How many times have I told you Athena... we are rouges now and we will forever be rouges," Athena whimpers at my words but I ignore it, "come on, lets go for a run..." I sigh and I start to feel Athena wagging her tail like a massive puppy dog when their owner says the word 'treat.'

I strip and put my clothes in a hollow in the base of my oak tree and shift into my light brown wolf. Athena wasn't coloured like any typical Luna's daughter, who is normally white... she is light and dark brown with the same baby blue eyes as I have. 

Athena takes the lead and starts to jog into the safer parts of the woods where she knows that no other rouges have marked their territory or have any need to fight her or her wolf. This was also the path between two minor territories that I read about in the files who happen to have an alliance with the Grey Oak pack which was to the north of the oak forest... where I live at the moment. I might have read those files and documents one or twice... who am I kidding I have read those nine files at least once a day for the past 12 years. 

I laughed at my own thoughts when the wind started to pick up and I pumped legs faster and faster, the wind running through my fur at rapid speeds. I let out a wolfy grin, closed my eyes and let my tongue hang loose as the wind flowed past me.

Athena stopped to a hault extremely quickly, fast enough to send her flying off her feet a good 10 metres if it weren't for our amazing werewolf speed and senses. I was shocked to say the least... she has never stopped me like that before.

I could hear faint whimpering at the back of my head and I knew this meant that something was off. I swiftly turned around and sprinted at full speed back home to the oak tree. Athena was forcefully urging me and pushing me and go quicker than I was meant to so I did as she pleased... still confused as to why she made me turn around.

I got back to the oak tree and it was silent... too silent. A twig snapped to the left of me and I swung my head around, just to see nothing. I reeled my hind legs back and went into a crouching position then lunged forward at the where I heard the sound of the snapping twig. A loud squeak was heard and to both my confusion and Athena's, a rabbit was laying dead on the floor instead of the suspected intruder.