Chapter 5: Relearning you not as fun as it sounds

Chapter 3: Relearning you, it's not as fun as it sounds; besides the whole changing into cats go...but yeah. 

What. Was. That? He has so much, to explain. I checked though the window, at dad. He hadn't moved, just stood there looking at the bed. I shook my head. I'm in deep shit, now. Now there is not only; Seth, Emily, and myself. Now there's Avien, the fucked up thing he did, and us, as me and Avien. I shook my head, again. What did I do? How did this happen to me? And why? Three basic questions, most people would ask, if they were in my position. Right?  

Okay, focus. Just like Avien said. On what? Me running, me drowning, or the leopard? Ummmm no sense in thinking about me drowning, 'cause he said on something. That would also, cancel out running. So...the leopard? Huh? Ummmm let's see, I pulled the image to the front of my mind. The glistening black, fur. The blackness of its eyes, the height. The terror, it sent though my mind. 

The ground started to shake, until I glanced at my hand. It was trembling. But why? What was I afraid of? Was it Avien, or the image of terror running though my mind? The image popped back up. But this time, it was running. The way it was flawless, just...I don't know. Ummmm shocked me? Yeah that's it. The determination shown in its eyes, the determination I felt, about finding Avien, and having him spill everything. 

I took off, not knowing what I was doing. The image floated to life, but the cat, was in The Forest. It bounded from tree trunk to trunk. Not falling, not slowing down, nothing but pure flawlessness, and balance. Something bubbled. Not on the outside, but on the inside. It boiled, and I shook vigorously once. In one second, and not one more, I felt the terrible burning, I experienced last night. Then my breathing slowed, and calmed. The grass sped past faster, and I felt more powerful. 

I blinked. It's not a dream, hmmmm it's me hallucinating. Right? Maybe not. I was half way through the field, going to The Forest. I jumped, and soared a few meters, until I hit the ground, keeping the same pace. The sky was a light, happy blue. I ran faster, and the grass, if possible, flew by faster. The rivers going to come up and I braced myself, for the swimming. But something in me, commanded me to jump.  

The water edge came, and then the sand. I jumped. I should hit water about...now. Except, I felt hard ground under me. What? I looked down. Two black legs were shooting out, and back. I slid to a stop. I walked over to the water. I jumped back. But I flew twenty feet back. I jogged over back. What? The...the...the leopard! It's me! What? Why! I opened my mouth to scream, but a loud roar, erupted from my fanged mouth. I leaped back, again. This time, I did a back flip, and landed in a crouch. I sniffed, looking for something. Dog. 

I started to back, away from the bushes in front of the river. A growl ripped. A gigantic russet wolf emerges from the bush. It was taller than me, and huskier. It was growling. At? What is the problem? Run! Don't stand there you stupid idiot! Run!  

What? Who was that? Another voice that I don't need? Probably. At this point I'm not too surprised. I pivoted, and barreled towards the Forest. I could feel, he wasn't the only following me. To the west, a larger creature than the one behind me. To the East, a smaller, but a lot faster creature, catching up. There cornering me? What did I do? Is this like a cat and dog war? And I'm stuck in the middle. Great just my luck.  

I put into full speed; well at least I think I am. Well whatever I am doing, but I pulled forward and they fell back, by about, I would say a half mile. By this time, I hit the Forest. The trees were as large as they always were. I jumped up, and the miniature wolf, came zooming by, at that second. I keep running, well jumping from the trunks. It kept keeping up with me. Wait! Can't I kill these things? I jumped down, and it stopped. This one was sandy brown, with smaller beady eyes. It glowered at me, and I hissed at it.  

He surged forward, with tremendous speed. It was aiming for my neck, not much of a fair fight. I jumped, and flew past me. I flipped, and landed. I growled at me. I bared my teeth. This felt good. I feel so powerful. I was so held up in what I was doing, that I ignored the warning going off in my head. The other two wolves were around me. What! Shit!  

The russet one was on my right, and the sandy one was on my left. I was facing, a gigantic, snow white wolf. Its eyes were black, and it was twice the size of the russet one. Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm so full of myself. The white wolf lunged forward. I closed my eyes, and forced them open. I might as well see how I'm going to die. The wolf was moving slower than I thought possible. I jumped, and it returned to his blazing fast speed. 

I growled at me. I positioned myself on a tall branch. Waving my tail. He-he. I'm so good. They stared at me with wide eyes. What! How the hell did I do that? I don't really care, it was awesome! A roar erupted, somewhere in the distance. The thing in my head, or something said, large creature coming fast at you from the north.  

What could that be? I growled again, and I shivered. That is gutting clenching. It sounded like thunder. Or is it lightning? Ummmm I don't know, but you get what I mean. It shot though the brush. It was huge. Maybe twice my size. It was white, and had supremely black stripes. Its eyes were the deepest blue. I could feel the anger from the tree. Is this on my side? 

I decided to not risk my neck, and jumped a branch up.It didn't slow, it rammed into the largest wolf. I think I'm gonna call him...Whitely. Yeah. So whitely flies back and I mean fly back. It toppled to the ground, and slid. The white tiger roared, and the others, including whitely, changed to their "human" form. Whitely was a bulky, buff. He wore his hair long, and it was a dirty blond. He, bent down, and unlashed a pair of pants. He put them on, and so did the others. The small one, was short, and had brown hair, and hazel eyes. His skin was tan, and full of freckles'. The other one was tall, blond, and whiter. 

The tiger shifted down, and I gasped. It was Avien. My heart leaped. I jumped down from my tree. When I hit the ground, everyone tensed. Even Avien. What? Do they realize who I am? How do I reverse this? How do I become human? Maybe, think of myself? An image ran to the front of my mind. Me running, though the Forest. The way I moved my two legs, my breathes coming in huffs.  

I felt smaller, and less powerful, and aware. I spied Avien checking me out, and I saw I didn't have any clothes on. My face went red. But Avien though me some shorts. I pulled them on, and looked over the faces. "Thanks." 

"No problem. I knew that you would need them." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. 

"Ummmm...well I want to know why, these" I pointed at the guys next to us, "are chasing me." 

"Well, cat" he sounded disgusted, "you were on out turf." 

"Who are you?" I snapped. 

"I'm, Kelvin, this is Roiul" he said pointed to the tall one, "and Cailv." Obviously the sorter one. 

I heaved a heavy sigh. Names, these things have names, great. I looked over at Avien, he was staring at me. I felt exposed. Ugh, I hate this feeling. The guys, I mean all of them, were staring at me. Avien was just, because he likes me, them they are trying to figure something out. But what was it? 

"Where did you find him?" said Kelvin. What? Find who? Me? He better not be talking about me. 

Avien grinned, his stupid, smug, hot, sexy...wait what? Ummmm Ignore what I said. "Oh, you know around. Why is there something wrong?" 

"Yes. There's not supposed to be any black leopards, in this area. Maybe in Europe or Africa or maybe Asia, but not United States." Blurted Cailv. He seems like the know it all. 

"So you're saying I'm not supposed to be living?" I said all you-better-not-mean-it-that-way-or-else.