The Mission in Iran Part 4

"So, you know your part, right?" Tony mumbles for the third time in the last two minutes.

"Yes, Mr. Stark." Peter emphasizes. He knows that Tony's brain is just working slowly, but repeating his answer several times is starting to grate on his nerves.

A few minutes later, the man walks into the room, grinning. "Well, hello you two!"

"You're peppy this morning." Tony rolls his eyes.

"Oh, yes." The man's grin widens. "Because today is a special day."

"Oh?" Tony stares straight forward at a blank wall.

"Today is the day that we spread our virus across the United States." The man creeps closer to Tony, lifting his face up with a long, slender finger. "I was thinking that maybe Ms. Potts would be a good first subject."

"Don't touch her." Tony snarls, jerking his chin off the man's finger.

"And what are you going to do?" The man laughs. "You're stuck in here, with no hope of getting out!"

"While that may be true," Tony's eyes dart to something behind the man's head. The man turns, but too late. Peter slams a metal tray down on top of the man's head. He crumbles to the ground, not unconscious, but severely disoriented and in pain.

"Dang, Pete!" Tony laughs, high fiving Peter gently. Peter grins before turning back to the man.

"How do we get out of here?"

"Like I would tell you." The man snorts. Peter raises the tray menacingly. "I don't think that I need to remind you about my strength, or my very detailed knowledge of pressure points on the human body. I know exactly where to hit you in order to give you an immense amount of pain."

"He's not fooling around." Tony adds with a wink. The man looks between the two of them, trying to decide if he's going to believe them before sighing and saying, "Take the hallway all the way down. Two lefts, then a right. The exit will be at the top of the stairs."

"How do we know you're not lying?" Peter stares down at the man skeptically.

"I guess you'll just have to trust me." The man shrugs. Peter's spider senses raise the hairs on his arms and he sees the man reaching for something in his coat pocket. In a quick, fluid movement, Peter has the item in his hand, leaving the man looking dumbfounded.

"But... how?" He whispers as Peter weighs the gun in a hand.

"Where's the lab?" Tony says, struggling to his feet.

"The first door to your left in the third hallway." The man shakes his head as Peter hands Tony the gun and searches the man further. He comes back with two dimes, a pack of gum, and a wallet. He flips open the wallet to see the driver's license, and stares at the man with a raised eyebrow as he does so.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Wallace." He says, pocketing the wallet. The man makes a small noise crossed between a whimper and a growl, but says nothing.

Tony watches the man as Peter tears strips of the blanket to tie him up. They use two strips per wrist, and tightly bind him to the rod iron bed. They use the thicker strips to tie his feet to the end.

"Have fun with that." Tony smiles down at the man. "Believe me, once you're tied to a bed, it's hard to get out. Toodle ooh!" He waves at the man before disappearing out the door with Peter. They sprint down and through the hallways, careening to a stop at the third hallway. Peter can practically smell the fresh air, and it's driving him nuts. Still, they can't keep going. The virus needs to be destroyed before they can leave.