Prologue

--12 YEARS AGO--

"Stay with your big brother Emma, Mommy and Daddy have to deal with some pack business. Ok?" the Luna of the Silver Creek Pack said in a soothing, motherly voice to her child. She pinched her cheek and the small, blue eyed child returned her motherly gesture with a cheeky, toothy grin.

The Luna got up from her crouched position and turned around to see the Alpha of the pack, her husband and most importantly, her beloved mate. The young child watched her parents pupils dilate, smiles spread across their faces and the look of pure love that they gave each other. That little blue eyed beauty watched in awe of her parents love and wished that someday she will find a mate like that. She silently promised herself that she will forever remember this wish and how in love her parents were. How perfect everything is.

This little girl had no idea of the troubles and darkness of the real world... her innocent eyes could only see the purity, happiness and love in the world, a gift that only a naive child could possess. 

Her father noticed her continuous staring and gave her a small smile and mouthed the three words that she longed for from her mate one day. 'I love you.' He softly grabbed onto his mate's hand intertwined his fingers with hers and they walked off back into the pack house. 

The small child's peaceful moment of happiness was soon interrupted by her big brother, Aiden. Aiden is a reckless child who takes pleasure in destroying things and sometimes people too... the complete opposite of his little sister.

Aiden stomped over to his little sister with a big pack of his reckless friends who were all snickering at her and judging her. 

"What have you got there Emma?" Aiden scoffs and stares down at his little sister like she's contagious disease of some sort. Emma felt hurt and confused as to why they weren't nice to her, just because she loved and cherished the world and they didn't. She looked down at her hands and smiled softly at the small, tattered wolf toy that used to be her mother's that lay gently in the palm of her small hand.

Emma snapped back to reality when her brother and his pack of friends were huddled together, as if they were devising an evil plan, laughing and giving the tiny child dirty looks. They pulled apart and circled her so she couldn't escape and Aiden walked to the centre and crouched in front of Emma.

"Hand it over sweetie..." he spat with venom lacing through every word. Emma cowered with fear, clutched the small toy to her chest and violently shook her head, refusing to hand it over.

Aiden's 'friends' laughed at him and nudged each other, taking this as a sign of weakness against his little sister. He swiftly looked around at his friends in shock... they probably have never laughed at him before. Aiden slowly turned around and snarled at his sister and in that moment, all his 'friends' shut up and cowered back in respect and fear. He was the son of the Alpha and Luna after all...

He stood up and towered over Emma, still snarling at her. Emma stared back into his cold, icy eyes with innocent, teary eyes... fear quaking through her small body.

Since Aiden was the son the Alpha, he had the power to shift his nails into claws and his teeth into canine fangs as a sign of dominance against other males in the pack. Emma would never have thought that he would use it against his own blood. The innocent child never actually thought he was going to hurt her. But he did...