Green Eyes, White Lies ~ Ch. 11

My eyes fluttered open and I smiled as I felt the warmth of Jack's body curled up next to mine. I rolled over to face him and saw he was already awake. "Good morning sunshine," he sweetly told me.

"Morning," I smiled back. "How long have you been awake?"

"Only about ten minutes," he estimated. "You were so cute that I couldn't get up." I gave him a quick peck and sat up. We were on the floor in his parent's living room with a large blanket over us. I thought back to last night. It was amazing. As good as Ben was, Jack was better, like we were made for each other. Jack sat up and his lips gently moved along my neck. It sent shivers down my spine.

I quickly stood up, taking the covers with me, "I love you, but I don't do mornings," I laughed as I looked at his wide eyed shocked face.

"Not even just once?" he asked.

I leaned over and kissed him passionately. As he went into deepen it, I pulled away, a mischievous look in my eyes. "Not even once," I smirked. Jack took hold of my hand and smiled then grinned just as mischievously as I had before when he pulled me next to him. I squealed a little but as I did the door bell rang.

"I got it," Jack sighed as he reached for his boxers and began putting them on. "You stay right there little miss tease," he pointed as me with a smile and a twinkle in his eye.

"With pleasure," I said as I sat on the couch and he walked into the front hall.

I could hear the front door open. "What are you doing here?" Jack suddenly asked in a hostile and annoyed voice.

"I'm here to see my girl," I heard a man's voice say that made my body freeze and my heart sink. This is what Ben meant when he said 'see you soon.'

"She's not your girl," Jack angrily asserted. Shit, I thought as I grabbed the closest thing to me. It happened to be Jack's shirt. Where was my dress? I saw it in a clump on the floor and grabbed it only to see the back. Really Jack? You broke the zipper?

"She's more my girl than she is yours," Ben raised his voice.

"Oh really," Jack huffed, "You've known her for what, a year? I've loved her for ten!" I didn't have to to fix the zipper. I threw the dress down and pulled on Jack's t-shirt and ran to the front hall. "And you know what? She loves me!"

"Well I love her!" Ben started then he saw me, "Are you wearing his shirt?

I bit my lip. "Ben, why are you here?" I calmly demanded the answer.

"I'm here to show you I'm the right guy or you," he said.

"Ben we've been through this," I sighed.

"Yeah, she already knows you're not the right guy," Jack insisted as he stepped in between us.

"She only thinks I'm not because you're here feeding her lines when you haven't even been on the same side of the globe as her for the past year," Ben spat before turning back to me. "One date," he offered, "One date to show you we belong together."

"No way," Jack objected.

"And if we don't?" I asked in a low voice. Jack spun and stared at me.

"If I don't plan the perfect date," Ben said, sure of himself, "If you don't love every moment of it, then I'll back down."

"Or," Jack offered through clenched teeth, "I could call Petey down at the police department and charge you with trespassing."

"The charge would never stick," Ben narrowed his eyes.

"One date," I said, "Tonight. And if I don't love every moment of it, you hop back on your damn jet and fly back to LA with the understand that we were already over."

"If that's what you want, then yes," Ben looked at me with happy blue eyes. "Pick you up at seven," he looked at Jack like he'd already won then turned back down the driveway. Jack slammed the door and stomped upstairs. I sighed and followed him. Upstairs, he threw on some clothes. "You're mad," I observed.

"No shit I'm mad! You slept with me, told me you loved me, then agreed to go on a date with him!" he yelled.

"To get him to leave," I tried to explain.

Jack snorted, "Right, you have to go on one more date with the unbelievably attractive movie star! Because that's the only way to break up with someone." He started down the stairs.

"It's not like that and you know it!" I yelled as I chased after him.

"How can I believe that?" Jack asked. "Have fun on your date," he said, his words like venom, as he slammed the front door, leaving me standing there breathless. I'd screwed this up so bad. I pulled out my phone and texted Stephanie, "Come over".

An almost instant reply came, "Be there in 15." I went upstairs and threw on some running shorts and a tank top, telling myself I would shower later. Walking back downstairs I began to wash our dishes from last night. I should be crying, I thought to myself, but I wasn't. An empty vessel couldn't bring forth water and that's what I was right now; empty, lost and alone.

The doorbell rang and the shell that was my body turned the water off and went to the door. I opened it and Stephanie looked at me, taking in my unkempt hair and my hollow look. Her smile quickly faded as she hurried inside.

"What happened?" she asked as she walked into the kitchen. I followed and found her opening and closing drawers until she discovered a pot. She filled it with water and set it to boil on the as she continued to search, finding two mugs and my tea bags on the counter and milk in the fridge. I stood and watched her in silence until she looked at me again. "What happened?" she repeated.

"I slept with him," I barely whispered.

Stephanie looked confused, "Slept with who?"

"Jack," I said a little louder as the numbness began to slowly be taken over.

"Why?" Stephanie asked.

"I love him," I sputtered as tears finally found their way to my eyes. I crumpled to the ground putting my head on my knees, bawling.

"Ok," Stephanie knelt next to me, rubbing my back comfortingly. "Why is this a bad thing?"

"Because this morning Ben showed up," I sobbed. I explained about trying to break up with him before and how he wanted one last date and how I agreed so he would leave. Then I told her how angry Jack got and how he left and how I'm trying to do the right thing, but I screwed up.

"Look at me," Stephanie soothed, "It's going to be alright."

"No it's not," I cried, "Jack hates me."

"No," Stephanie assured me, "He's hurt and he's jealous and he 's probably a bit confused but he doesn't hate you. And he'll see when Ben leaves that you were doing what you felt you had to do."

"What if he doesn't?" I asked, "What if I screwed up that bad?"

"You didn't," she promised. "Now lets calm down, drink some tea, and get you ready for your last date ever with Ben Marshall."

__________________________________

So, what did you think?

Please vote, comment, fan.

There's only 5 more chapters for this one then I'll start posting my new story.