Chapter 32 (Part 2 of birthday)

Start from the beginning

Why bring a girl like me to a fancy place?

Why bring a fake girlfriend here?

Once Jack parked into a good spot he got out and went around to open my door.

"Right we are here," I looked around and saw a small lake with white table in the middle.

"Wow this looks very special Jack," I went over and hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Thanks Jack,"

"You welcome," he pulled away and went into the car boot and pulled out some blankets.

"Let's go sit by the lake," he grabbed my hand and led me to the lake. We sat on the grass by the lake and Jack used the blankets to cover us.

"Are you warm Michelle?" Jack asked and I nodded in response.

"This is another place I come to clear my head,"

"Your lucky. You have the best places to go when you need alone time. The only place I have in mind is my bedroom and the library," Jack started laughing in response to what I said.

"Well I just want you to know that you can come here anytime you want," I smiled and thanked him but I knew that there wasn't a chance I could. Me and Jack wouldn't always be together and I live too far from this place. I looked at the river which looked shiny due to the near by building reflecting it's light on to the river.

"Did you read the papers I gave you when drunk?" That is when I remembered the papers Jack gave me. I was so tired that when I got to my accommodation after the dinner I stuff the papers into my drawer and went to bed.

I never read it.

But what if I pretended I did. What was on the papers anyways?

"I read it Jack," I looked him in the eyes and he looked down as regret covered his expression.

"This is why I drank a lot Michelle. I don't agree with my mum and I am going to do everything in my power to make sure this all ends well. My mum can't make me go with someone else and not even for a good reason. I know we are faking our relationship but I don't know...what do you think?"

I didn't know what to think because I didn't read the freaking letters but from what Jack said his mother doesn't want us together. Well she showed me that during the gathering. Unfortunately while she was showing me her true colours my fake boyfriend was drowning himself in alcohol. I think what Jack is trying to also say is that even though our relationship is fake it doesn't feel fake.

He was right. I was too deep in his life for it to be fake. I made a librarian have a panick attack, I got chased by at mob of paparazzi and had a random news report lady discuss me as if I was Michelle Obama!

My life had changed!

Just for a fake relationship. This wasn't fake anymore. Before Jack I hated attention but now I tolerate it. Jack is the only guy I allow to kiss me with giving him a slap of disapproval.

Oh no. I am getting the symptoms of love! Help me.

I don't want him to leave me.

Don't mind him kissing me.

I enjoy his company.

I like him.

Oh no. I can't have feelings. Soon I would be in bed with this guy and my dad would strangle Jack before coming after me.

"I get what you mean Jack. Is this even fake anymore," he turned to look at me.

"I don't know Michelle," I bit my lip as his hand went through his hair.

"I will tell you what Michelle. Let's carry on with what we are doing until December and see how things go."

"I think that's great Mr Lee," he smiled as he pulled a small black box and held it out to me.

"Here you go," I took the box and opened it. Inside was a sliver necklace with my name on it. He scratched his head as he looked at me.

"I am sorry I couldn't get you a more  expensive gift-"

"Don't apologise Jack. I have always wanted these necklaces. This is beautiful. Thank you Jack."

"You welcome," he stood up to his feet and helped me up before guiding me to the circle table. On the table was two plates full of noodles and spring rolls.

Spring rolls? The memory of Jack's mum implying that I am fat crossed my mind. I shook the thought from my head as me and Jack took our seats at the table. I wasn't too sure whether to eat with both a folk and knife or just a folk...

...Just a folk! I picked up my folk and started to eat slowly. I enjoyed and savoured each and every moment as we ate in silence.

This might be one of the best birthdays evers.